Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2020 9:57:18 PM EDT
I remember reading a guy from Foxtrot Mike saying for accuracy the buffer needs to be 3.8” or less. Sounds like one of those shade tree hypotheses—anyone know anything about this?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
By the time the buffer even moves a fraction of an inch, the bullet is long gone.  I do have the FM 6.5 oz buffer in my AR-9 and it shoots good, never did measure it tho
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
By the time the buffer even moves a fraction of an inch, the bullet is long gone.
View Quote

^^^ Exactly.

Sounds like total nonsense. People "say" a lot of things. In my experience, most of it isn't worth listening to unless they have clear evidence or data to back it up.

My buffers are 4" and the builds are accurate and consistent. Never heard complaints from everyone else using long buffers, either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody please explain how the length of a buffer can affect the accuracy of any AR build. I must be seriously missing something. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top