Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2018 9:55:48 AM EDT
I currently have an AR Pistol setup that runs flawlessly but I am in the process of getting my Form 1 to SBR it and then eventually add a SureFire can into the mix as well.

I’m trying to decide which buffer is best for my situation with a Surefire RC2 Suppressor in the future in mind. VLTOR A5-H3 or A5-H4? I’ve been reading around but haven’t been able to find any solid info that fits my exact setup.

Current Setup:
-BCM 11.5” (Govt Profile, 1/7 Twist)
-Shaved Front Sight Block… Unsure on Gas Port Size: .073”?  .075”?  .076”?
-Carbine Length Gas Tube
-VLTOR Pistol A5 Receiver Extension
-VLTOR A5-H2 Buffer
-Rifle Length Buffer Spring
-Gemtech Suppressed Bolt Carrier

I’ll be using the exact same setup on the SBR lower with exception to a VLTOR RE-A5 Rifle Receiver Extension of course instead of the A5 Pistol Receiver Extension.

I will primarily be running the cheapest .223/5.56 brass cased, factory new ammo that I can get my hands on due to a high frequency of shooting and a skinny wallet.

What I’m asking:
Based on your experience with these variables, what buffer do you recommend for my situation?
Is this combo (bcg, buffer system, gas system, barrel length, future suppressor) GTG?
Does anyone who has the exact same or very similar setup have any advice or input?
Can anyone confidently tell me what my gas port size is?

Thank you very much in advance!
(I’m very familiar with firearms but I’m a noob to these forums so please let me know if this is posted in the wrong spot or if I broke any rules or something)
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The whole point of the Gemtech suppressed BCG is it regulates the gas so you don't have to make any other tweaks (like increasing buffer mass) when adding a suppressor.

In any case, you're not going to know til you get the setup up and running with a suppressor.  No one is going to be able to give you a definitive answer that will absolutely work perfectly with your specific rifle.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
H2 should work with the Gemtech SBC.

I have an 11.5" BCM, gemtech SBC and Trek, Geissle super 42 spring and buffer. Runs great on suppressed setting since BCM is way overgassed. To compare I use it on the unsupressed setting on a BA Hanson barrel w/ suppressor, I guess due to a smaller gas port size. Same ammo.

It ran fine with the spikes T2 before that too. And I shoot cheap steel ammo too. Keep it lubed with a good grease and  you should be ok.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input guys!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top