Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2021 2:20:30 PM EDT
Hey, what brand do you guys suggest for a 9mm pcc complete upper?

I'm gonna use my ar15 complete lower with the endo mag inserts.

I'm thinking 8-10" for optimal performance.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several PSAs and all have been problem free
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Aim has Foxtrot Mikes exclusive uppers for a decent price. Out of stock on 10 in though.
https://aimsurplus.com/aim-surplus-exclusive-fm9-7in-pcc-upper-receiver-w-bcg-and-charging-handle/
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey, what brand do you guys suggest for a 9mm pcc complete upper?

I'm gonna use my ar15 complete lower with the endo mag inserts.

I'm thinking 8-10" for optimal performance.
View Quote

If you can, build your own with a Macon Armory "guaranteed to feed" or Taccom "superfeed" barrel. They feed when others won't. Feeding issues are the biggest problem with 9mm ARs. Assembling an upper is pretty easy if you have some basic tools and aptitude.

When you swap uppers on your AR-15, be sure to swap buffers as well.  The spring doesn't need to change, just the buffer.  Pick up an extended-length, sliding weight buffer and you'll be all set. Here's a guide to help with choosing the right weight: What 9mm buffer do I need??? (and spring)
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Feeding issues are the biggest problem with 9mm ARs.
View Quote

While this is often true, especially with Glock mags, the OP is planning on using Endo's and the feed ramp geometry of those feeds anything into my BA 8.3" barrel with factory feed cone.  I would also suggest building, as AR-9's are simple affairs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Granted, my only experience with these is on the two AR-V 9mm I have and which have run flawlessly for a couple thousand rounds

10" is $50 more

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen4-8-9mm-1-10-nitride-7-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch2.html
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I always build my own 9's.  

Try it.  You will like it.

And it will be far better than a complete upper.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Ya I thought about building my own since I have the expensive armorers wrench. I already got 2 psa ar15s and they shoot fine, no issues. Was just wanting to try a different brand. I do like the foxtrot mikes and get a military discount with aimsurplus, so may go that way.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top