User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2023 2:36:40 AM EDT
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m gonna have to pick one up, thanks. I’ve been wanting a 20” with a non f marked fsb.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I grabbed one a few weeks ago without realizing it didn't have M4 ramps. I was going to send it back since it was going on a PSA M16A2 lower that has a *Thunder Tactical A2 upper with M4 ramps but my wife threw the packaging out so I couldn't send it back. I polished the ramps a little then put it on my upper, took the firing pin out of the BCG and cycled a full mag by hand through it. It seemed to feed and eject by hand just fine but I don't know how it'll act under live fire. I'm going to try and hit the range today to find out.

*reason for edit is because I'm dumb.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

This is how I polish mine. Luckily, these q-tip shafts fit the Dremel's chuck just fine.
For the "heavy jobs" I use a small diameter chainsaw file with the end taped over so it won't scratch the chamber walls if I plunge too far into the chamber. But first, you need to cut the end off the file because the last half-inch or so does not have teeth.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just came back from the indoor range by my house and the rifle with the Brownells A2 barrel worked flawlessly. In fact this is my new favorite rifle.

Attachment Attached File

I'm not a great marksman and this was at 25 yards standing. I'm pretty happy with how it shoots. If I had my sight tool I probably could have brought the barrel up a little more to get it more in the center but without adjusting the sights this was pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I really hate you guys!!!  You just MADE me buy a barrel.  But, that's all I needed to finish my A2 build.  Should be here Friday.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Please post pictures of the rifle.   I’d really like to see a clear picture of your  “PSA M16A2 lower that has M4 ramps”.  I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a lower with feed ramps.    My uppers have them.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grabbed one a few weeks ago without realizing it didn't have M4 ramps. I was going to send it back since it was going on a PSA M16A2 lower that has M4 ramps but my wife threw the packaging out so I couldn't send it back. I polished the ramps a little then put it on my upper, took the firing pin out of the BCG and cycled a full mag by hand through it. It seemed to feed and eject by hand just fine but I don't know how it'll act under live fire. I'm going to try and hit the range today to find out.

Please post pictures of the rifle.   I’d really like to see a clear picture of your  “PSA M16A2 lower that has M4 ramps”.  I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a lower with feed ramps.    My uppers have them.  

@Mikeoutwest

I meant the upper. I'm kind of dumb. It's a Thunder Tactical upper that has the M4 ramps.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered.  I put this A2 together yesterday with an A4 barrel (F) marked.  But really wanted the correct front sight.  Still need an A2 stock.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I polished the ramps a little then put it on my upper, took the firing pin out of the BCG and cycled a full mag by hand through it.
View Quote
You got lucky. Please grind the tip off a spare firing pin next time. I don't want to see another "why is my BCG stuck" thread.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You got lucky. Please grind the tip off a spare firing pin next time. I don't want to see another "why is my BCG stuck" thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I polished the ramps a little then put it on my upper, took the firing pin out of the BCG and cycled a full mag by hand through it.

I had to sit here and think about why I would want to cut a pin down to do this and then it dawned on me. The cam pin could rotate. I hadn’t even considered that. You’re right, I got real lucky.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’m sorry Dex.  I’m looking at them real hard myself, because that barrel looks like it would pair nicely with a C7 upper.     But really, with free shipping and $30 off, that means they’re $170+tax.    On the other hand,  I’ve been very happy with Windham Weaponry A2 Barrels (free shipping and no tax).   But Windham seldom has the 1/7 in stock, and the price is a little higher (not enough to matter).    It’s good to have options!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really hate you guys!!!  You just MADE me buy a barrel.  But, that's all I needed to finish my A2 build.  Should be here Friday.  Thanks!

I’m sorry Dex.  I’m looking at them real hard myself, because that barrel looks like it would pair nicely with a C7 upper.     But really, with free shipping and $30 off, that means they’re $170+tax.    On the other hand,  I’ve been very happy with Windham Weaponry A2 Barrels (free shipping and no tax).   But Windham seldom has the 1/7 in stock, and the price is a little higher (not enough to matter).    It’s good to have options!

"$170+tax"...that's exactly what it was.  I got a tracking update this morning; my barrel should arrive on Friday.  Looks like I'm assembling an upper this weekend!
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Our new A2 uppers do not have feed ramps.
View Quote

When will these be available?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

HELP! I (not me, someone else) just put BCG in rifle without firing pin! Here is the solution.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We started shipping this week.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Noted.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Please post an update, and let us know what you think.  A range report would be good too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"$170+tax"...that's exactly what it was.  I got a tracking update this morning; my barrel should arrive on Friday.  Looks like I'm assembling an upper this weekend!

Please post an update, and let us know what you think.  A range report would be good too!

Will do on thoughts.  I peeked in the box, and it looks great.  Will try to get some photos up tonight.
I won't be able to get to a range for a while though. Too much work at work and home.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-m16a2-stripped-upper-receiver-rear-sight-installed-black.html

$210.00 isn’t bad considering the sights, FA, dust port is included/installed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We started shipping this week.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-m16a2-stripped-upper-receiver-rear-sight-installed-black.html

$210.00 isn’t bad considering the sights, FA, dust port is included/installed.  

And...they're OOS.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m0nsvfFwF8

I definitely got real lucky.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My barrel arrived on Thursday.  It came in a sealed plastic bag, wrapped in bubble wrap, wrapped in brown paper, and packed in a box with more brown paper.  It looks great!
Dark, even phosphate finish with a little oil.

Clear laser engraving mid-length.
Chrome lined with concentric finish on ends.

Standard rifle feed ramps.

It fit snuggly into my ArmaLite A2 upper.(I had to tighten the barrel nut to draw it in the last 1/8")  The front sight base looks good and straight with the receiver.(Sorry, I forgot to photo that)
Here is my rifle assembled (almost).  I couldn't find the gas tube last night, and I need to work on the peel washer.(As is, the flash hider wants to time upside down)
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My barrel arrived on Thursday.  It came in a sealed plastic bag, wrapped in bubble wrap, wrapped in brown paper, and packed in a box with more brown paper.  It looks great!
Dark, even phosphate finish with a little oil.
https://i.imgur.com/7AnmXvo.jpg
Clear laser engraving mid-length.
https://i.imgur.com/Gdi5wxz.jpgChrome lined with concentric finish on ends.
https://i.imgur.com/wDUmVVT.jpg
Standard rifle feed ramps.
https://i.imgur.com/fpu1ZN0.jpg
It fit snuggly into my ArmaLite A2 upper.(I had to tighten the barrel nut to draw it in the last 1/8")  The front sight base looks good and straight with the receiver.(Sorry, I forgot to photo that)
Here is my rifle assembled (almost).  I couldn't find the gas tube last night, and I need to work on the peel washer.(As is, the flash hider wants to time upside down)
https://i.imgur.com/O92KWTG.jpg
View Quote

Looks great.  My barrel should be here tomorrow.  I forgot to order a peel washer though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#29]
My barrel came today.  The barrel nut probably index on the receiver better than any barrel I've ever installed.  The the FH I grabbed also indexed perfectly with a crush washer.  Maybe I just got lucky?

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Team PSA
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I put around 45 flawless rounds through this barrel/build today.  Zero'd-up pretty quick on this 10 yard/50 yard simulator target.  Nice soft shooting rifle.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#32]
This is Irene. She had a Brownells barrel and it grouped really well. I have since swapped it out for a green mountain A1 profile to offset some weight. She’s a bit of a mutt now but damn if she doesn’t balance well.

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Team POS
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top