Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2021 3:45:17 PM EDT
I’m curious if anyone here has bought one on the WWSD lowers or has seen one in the wild. Impressions? I have a gun built on a GWACS lower and really love it and I wonder if the KE Arms lowers are Ana’s good or better than the older ones.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I put together one of the lowers for my lightweight build, really dig it so far.

I would easily take it over the CavArms and GWACS I've gotten to handle. The polymer feels good, just like my AUG's stock. Texturing and grip angle is good. Just a better thought out polymer lower.

Tested it out on my Dissy, maybe not my favorite upper on it, but I still sorta like it, might have to make something similar when I got some free money to mess with.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I kind of want a few myself
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I haven't been looking very hard, but I am glad to see some personal impressions here.

I saw the videos during development and the sale announcement but never bothered to buy one.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:54:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been wanting a CAV/GWACS for a while but this offering from KE looks very unteresting and also looks to be have more structural stability than the others

Looked on Brownells and they have the fully built lowers in stock for $489
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 now, still haven't built them
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the concept - always have back to the bad old ban days.

Not sure I like the non-captive take-down pins, though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:52:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I was able to pick up my new KP-15 lower receiver from my FFL this evening. I like the updated design of it compared to the Sabre Defense lower I have. I mated my 16" mid length BCM pencil barreled upper to it and it is really light.  Going to try to shoot it this weekend, but at this point I like it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:49:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I've held one at a shop. I don't like how the buffer pin detent is secured, I'd need spare roll pins should I ever have to replace one. The way that the selector is installed, would make using the FCD selector hard to remove if the trigger or hammer needs to be repaired or a stuck primer removed through disassembly. Yeah I know, I could use what they suggest, but after using the FCD selector, I am definitely not going back. And like another previous poster, not too keen on the unconventional style of takedown pins.

Just my one sampled opinion though, not intentional to be biased, just saying my impressions which by coincidence is not favorable. But I suppose if one is chasing weight to the point where function isn't as much of a concern but negligible weight is, then this would be awesome I guess.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I was going to buy several of them, until I found out their new retail price.  I would be willing to pay the original $99 price, but they are now more then double the $99 price, after I pay shipping, sales tax and my FFl transfer fee.  All that to save 4 or 5 oz.  I don't think so!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to buy several of them, until I found out their new retail price.  I would be willing to pay the original $99 price, but they are now more then double the $99 price, after I pay shipping, sales tax and my FFl transfer fee.  All that to save 4 or 5 oz.  I don't think so!
View Quote

What are you talking about? The stripped lowers only went up 10$ from that price for retail.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one and it is awesome. The none captured pins are no big deal if you have experience with HK G3/MP5 pattern guns.

I don't run buffer detents in my AR rifles. it is a part prone to failure and the cause of all kinds of FCG jams when it does fail.  The buffer detent is not really needed (begin thread derail).

Use the KE selector specifically designed for the use in the KP15 and no problems to be had.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I managed to pick one up at a LGS earlier in January. I haven't touched it since.

I do like how the pins come off rather than retain in the lower.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have one and it is awesome. The none captured pins are no big deal if you have experience with HK G3/MP5 pattern guns.

I don't run buffer detents in my AR rifles. it is a part prone to failure and the cause of all kinds of FCG jams when it does fail.  The buffer detent is not really needed (begin thread derail).

Use the KE selector specifically designed for the use in the KP15 and no problems to be had.
View Quote

Everything is prone to fail though, but buffer detents I have yet to even hear about. Buy the FCD one and it becomes less of a concern actually. And I'd rather use the FCD ASF selector, it's the better selector. Bolt heads tend to strip at the most inconvenient moments. Roll pins just need to be knocked out. A bolt head strips, that's it for that selector.

No derail, but you do you and I'll do me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Strange. I paid $177 for a complete lower with standard Mil Spec parts kit installed from Brownell's.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked a stripped one up a few weeks back, really like it. So far so good, currently building the upper that will reside on it permanently but I tossed on a C7-like upper I have on another lower to test it out at the range. No issues at all, has an MBT trigger and CMMG ambi safety.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Apparently I was misinformed.  A year or so ago, I thought I read some info. on Brownell's pricing in several places. The price was going to be $179 for the bare lower receiver.  I did not check any further on pricing and believed that to be the correct price.  I thought the increase to be more money then I wanted to spend.  After checking the Brownell's web sight today and seeing the $109 price, I am sorry for my misstatement. I apologize to the members of AR15.com., KE and Brownell's for my error.  I will be contacting my FFL to order two lowers.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top