Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2023 2:19:15 PM EDT
Hello I just bought a FP8.5-300HBAR-7RPR-SBA3 which is a Radical Firearms AR pistol chambered in 300 blackout. When I load a live round and then try to manually eject it with the charging handle it’s like the bcg will not grab the round to eject…? The side of the lower where it says caliber, next to it says “MULTI”. When I try the same thing with a 55.6 everything functions properly. But this is supposed to be chambered in 300 Blackout? Any solutions?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you chambering the round slowly or are you letting the bolt slam home? Basically what you’re looking for is the bolt pushing into the round hard enough to ensure the round is fully seated into the bolt and the extractor is around the rim to be able to extract the round.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats the barrel stamped?  The lower means nothing.

Second, why are you fiddling with live ammo?  Safer to use shells or snap caps.

Are you riding the chsrging handle home, or letting it slam under its own power?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is slamming home. I’ll let it slam home and pull the CH back several times and it still won’t grab the round. But I can put 5.56 in it and it will eject them every single time. It’s like I ordered a 300 blackout but they sent me a 5.56
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes it is slamming home. I’ll let it slam home and pull the CH back several times and it still won’t grab the round. But I can put 5.56 in it and it will eject them every single time. It’s like I ordered a 300 blackout but they sent me a 5.56
View Quote

As suggested above see what your barrel is stamped.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
It says 300 BLK 1/8
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the 300 round fall back out of the chamber or do you have to punch/pry/etc the round back out?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, hold on.

Must be an issue with the chamber.  The BCG is fine, same for the two different rounds.

There’s something wrong with the chamber.

You can get tools to ream the chamber, but screw that, send it back, let them put a new barrel in for you.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]
No I have to stick a cleaning rod down the muzzle and pop it out. I have to hit a few times for it to come loose and fall out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Bham AR

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s literally brand new!
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No I have to stick a cleaning rod down the muzzle and pop it out. I have to hit a few times for it to come loose and fall out.
View Quote

Well, something is wrong with the chamber. Contact Radical
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Since anything can happen like a mislabeled barrel look at your muzzle and tell me if it appears to be .22 or .30.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Does it work correctly when you are shooting it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you guys for all the help. I’ve contacted Radical and waiting on a reply. I’m just going to send it back.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#15]
It wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Radical put out a .300 Barrel with a 5.56 chamber.  That would explain the BO not chambering while the 5.56 does so with no problem.  You should not be able to chamber a .223/5.56 in a .300 BO chamber but you can, in some cases, chamber a .300 BO in. 5.56 chamber, not always, but it can happen.  But you should never be able to chamber a 5.56 in a BO chamber.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Do not attempt to shoot that upper until you get this sorted out!
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s what I was thinking as well. And yeah I’m not going to shoot it. I’m calling them tomorrow and figuring it all out. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:36:06 AM EDT
[#18]
What sized drill bit fits down the bore from the muzzle end?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#19]
So I called radical and they told me that in some cases with a brand new rifle that you may need to clean the chamber with the specific caliber wire brush and make sure it is oiled up really good and then go to the range and shoot the rifle and it should eject no problem. I guess we will see
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Good luck. Wear eyepro.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I called radical and they told me that in some cases with a brand new rifle that you may need to clean the chamber with the specific caliber wire brush and make sure it is oiled up really good and then go to the range and shoot the rifle and it should eject no problem. I guess we will see
View Quote

Did you tell them the rifle will chamber a 5.56 round without any problem?  SOMEONE correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that you should NEVER be able to chamber a 5.56 round in the .300 BO chamber, case head to shoulder length is too long for the bolt to lock up with the 5.56 round in then .300 BO chamber.  And if his rifle IS chambering the 5.56 and the bolt is locking up, something is terribly wrong.

If what I said above is correct and from my internet searches it is, I don't give two craps what Radical said, DO NOT SHOOT a .300 BO in that rifle.  If it has a .308 groove barrel but with a 5.56 chamber, it probably will not KB if you manage to cram it in there but it may well make you soil your pants.  THINK TWICE about proceeding.  If you are determined to keep that barrel, have a COMPETENT smith check it out to see what chamber is actually in the barrel, not just what it has stamped on it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
if his rifle IS chambering the 5.56 and the bolt is locking up, something is terribly wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
if his rifle IS chambering the 5.56 and the bolt is locking up, something is terribly wrong.

This.

It really sounds like something is really messed up. A 5.56 should not readily chamber in a 300 barrel, nor the inverse (although 300 will generally chamber with enough force due to bullet setback).

As a completely random guess, maybe they chambered a 30 caliber blank with a 5.56 reamer. That would be how to make a barrel that will easily chamber both cartridges as well as allowing the 300 to drop too far into the chamber.

If what I said above is correct and from my internet searches it is, I don't give two craps what Radical said, DO NOT SHOOT a .300 BO in that rifle.

I would advise in the strongest possible terms to not attempt to shoot anything in that firearm. I would stop attempting to chamber live rounds also to preclude any possibility of discharging a live round.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#23]
You can get a 5.56NATO into a 300 BO chamber without any issues and it will lock up. The shoulder dimensions on a 5.56 is .3594 and 300 blk shoulders at .368, thus, it will slip right past. The shoulder distance of the 5.56 is roughly where the 300 blk would hit the throat of the chamber so it will hit and provide resistance for the extractor.

I'm not saying it's a good chamber. I'm just saying pay attention if you own both and that yes, you can get 5.56 into 300 without much notice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Dbltp
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#25]
556 dropped in a 300bo chamber

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top