Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 9:01:37 PM EDT
The fiber tube on my new TA-47 has hundreds of tiny bubbles embedded in it.  I emailed Trijicon - they said it was normal, but would replace it if it bothered me...but....6-8 week turn-around!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Normal.  Annoying, but normal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have four acogs. Normal and does not affect function
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I actually returned my first acog back to the lgs in '95.

Wasn't until a couple years later that I found out that my gripe was considered normal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Trijicon used to use a clear plastic that would become cloudy over time.  Performance was not degraded.

But so many people complained, sent in their "defective" ACOGs for service, that they changed plastics.  But this new plastic is sometimes has bubbles in it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Totally normal.  Hell half my ACOGs have been used hard and have cracks in the fiber tubes.  Still work fine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually I owned an ACOG for years and never noticed the bubbles until just now. Thanks a lot, OP.

I never noticed it. I only have 2 acogs with the external fiber tube and looking at them, yeah they got bubbles in them. Mine aren't as noticeable though so maybe that's why I haven't noticed them before.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Competly normal for about all of them. Looks very crappy for a 1k plus optic tho. Love mine. Buy once cry once. I will never look at another optic the same way again after owning them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top