Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2021 12:45:10 AM EDT
As the title says I have 2 bootleg adjustable bcg. I have one in a 12.5 ADM uic and everything works fine. I have another 1 in a factory Daniel Defense Mk18 that works good but I cannot get the dust cover to latch shut. It will latch shut with the factory DD bcg installed. I originally thought it was the polymer dust cover with the oversized ball detent housing  and replaced it with a mil spec (Wilson combat) and still having the same issue. Has anyone had this happen before? I reached out to bootleg today just honestly curious if they’ve heard of this happening with their carriers. Now that I have the DD dust cover off I’m going to take a dremel to it and sand down the ball detent housing some and see if that works. Any similar experiences or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Bootleg adjustable. Zero problems and first I have heard of this. However, there's a known issue of cam pins that are possibly out of spec though and has been discussed before. Once I replaced with a domed Lantac, no more dragging.

Could you post pictures of it closed or close as possible to being closed so we can take a look and help diagnose?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey thanks for responding, I’m about to head off for work. I’ll post some pictures tonight
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm

I used the Bootleg BCG for a dedicated supressor host a while back, never even put a standard BCG in it. Used an Anchor forge upper from Brownells, and an Aero upper parts kit. The dust cover would close, but it had a hair trigger, I could barely tap the rifle, or even rifle on a table, and it would pop open. Bugged the shit out of me, I just figured tolerance stacking. I solved the issue with a Strike industries ultimate billet dustcover that has an adjustable detent. Dialed in the pressure of the detent ball, and it's been good for about 600 or so rounds.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I unfortunately found about the ultimate strike industries dust covers after I purchased the Wilson combat one. I think that may be a good solution and I’m going to probably just order one to see if that fixes it.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top