Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2022 10:52:53 PM EDT
Looking at building a 22 blaster pistol.

And it seems the only mags to be found are Black Dog sonic mags and CMMG that are 2x much
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The black dog mags with steel feed lips work fine in every .22 ar I have.

The older nylon feed lips work well in most of them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They have been great I have 5 or 6 of them across a couple different.22 conversions
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I still have 8 of my original 12 all polymer BDM skinny mags. They run in m16s all day.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looking at building a 22 blaster pistol.

And it seems the only mags to be found are Black Dog sonic mags and CMMG that are 2x much
View Quote

Black Dogs work great in my Blaster.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My 3 sonic-x 20s work perfectly.  Two of my three sonic-x 30s would not drop free until the problematic oversized areas were sanded down until they did drop free.  After that, no problems at all.  Everything other than dropping free has been 100%.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the Black Dog sonic beam welded stainless feed lip magazines...a pair of older screwed together stainless lip mags broke through the top of the mags with hard mag changes, but still function fine as practice mags...I have several older polymer feed lip mags that don't have the time on them that the stainless mags do.... they also work fine, but for a time I used SW 15-22 mags with LRBHO and they wore grooves where the cartridge rim rubbed, so opted to stay with the stainless and forego the LRBHO... as before commented, a spritz of Hornady One Shot dry lube keeps the follower and follower track lubed... I'm shooting about 1200 a month for Steel Challenge, and they are holding up very well
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The black dog mags with steel feed lips work fine in every .22 ar I have.

The older nylon feed lips work well in most of them.
View Quote
The nylon lips will eventually split, but they warranty them pretty fast.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top