Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2021 12:17:02 PM EDT
Just bought an AR-10 and want to get a bipod.  My question concerns mounts.  As I understand it there are four main bipod mounting types: M-LOK, Picatinny rail, Keymod, and “Standard” QD swivel studs.  I believe I have the “standard” QD swivel stud but I’m not completely sure.  Went to at3tactical’s bipod mount page and I’m still not 100% sure.  

1st Question: Can someone take a look at these photos and 100% confirm that “Standard” QD swivel studs is what I have?

2nd Question: If you have any recommendations on a quality bipod it would be greatly appreciated.  I’m not afraid to pay for quality but I’d like to keep it below about $150 if possible.  USE CASE: 90% Rifle Range, 10% white-tail deer.  I *THINK* I want a bipod that swivels but feel free to talk me out of it.  You guys are the experts, that’s why I’m here.

I couldn't get the photo embedded so here are links to photos on my Google Drive page:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

Your response is VERY MUCH appreciated!  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a standard QD stud swivel to me.  I would highly recommend Harris Bipods.  I have 3 of them and they are fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I should add, your stud swivel is already built into your handguard, so you don't need to worry about the m-lok vs. piccatinny vs keymod etc. stuff - the people who need to worry about that are for those who have one of the handguards but not a QD stud to connect a mount to.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Harris bipods are old tech but they’re quality and reliable. And it’ll attach directly to that sling stud.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, standard sling swivel stud.  It is hard to beat a Harris bipod.  I have several and while they are old school and not tacti-cool, they work and last forever.  My three are at least 30 years old and still going strong.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The Magpul Sling Stud Bipod does it all and is less expensive than the Atlas Bipod.

You can find the Magpul bipod at a lower price if you shop around just a bit.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top