Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2020 8:48:16 PM EDT
Is there  a high quality cleaning rod better than the GI kit that breaks down say into 2  or 3 parts for easier storage and compactness?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Pro-Shot products, stainless one piece rods and specific Ar break down models. Ive used for years with great results, high quality.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have taken a liking to the cable type pull through.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Pro-Shot products, stainless one piece rods and specific Ar break down models. Ive used for years with great results, high quality.
View Quote

they make kits that with break-down rods and then one-piece rods.  I don't really need a kit.

http://www.proshotproducts.com/Premium-Coated-Rod-Classic-Box-Kits_c_199.html
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Tipton
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
any other choices?

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
any other choices?

View Quote

What exactly are you looking for? ProShot stainless one piece has already been mentioned. I have used the nylon coated Dewey rods and the stainless ProShot. The ProShot is the strongest rod I've used. The Dewey is a little whippy and the nylon coating seems to get sticky over time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Used Dewey and Tipton  rods no issues.

Any one piece cres rod is going to better than USGI.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I really like my Tipton carbon fiber cleaning rod.  It's skinnier than the Dewey rods.  I use it on all my rifles.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Pro Shot has been my go to for years, great products.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Just remember with the sectional rods, you want to be pulling, not pushing. With that in mind, the USGI rods are some of the best, especially the older stock ones like Colt originals.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 4:16:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really like the Tipton rods, I have two one, 30" and one 20"  (I think these are the lengths)  They work great.  I have some Pro Shots, all take down, in my gun box and get little or no use now.

Bronc

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top