Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2018 7:52:17 PM EDT
I will start this thread with the statement that I am SO GLAD my wife went with me to Knob Creek.  She usually goes with me, but this time I was thinking of leaving her at home.  This morning, I had walked by a dealer's table, and she said "why didn't you buy his blank mags, I thought you have been looking for some for over five years?"  Somehow I had missed them, and was ELATED to pay $100 each for them.  She also spotted three Armalite AR-10 waffle mags for $70 TOTAL for the three (including an uncommon grey one). I will never again consider leaving my good luck charm at home during the "Creek"!!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I found a set of letter punches for $25.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  I just remembered my best retro find ever at Knob Creek. An M41 Walker Bulldog data plate. Five bucks. Now if I could just find the rest of the tank.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.  Never seen a blank mag, and I've fought many battles in the Krasnovian Army.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Neat stuff
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You really have a knack for finding the good stuff.

I totally missed an entire AR-180 and only found it on my 3rd way through as Pete Fleis was selling it to another vendor.

I did get a complete Stoner 63 150 round belt box last year for $45 though. Probably the best find I've had so far.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
That place was awash with retro parts. Nothing too earth shattering here. Got 2 Colt BCGs for the price of a new one. Got a set of repro 6 hole CAR handguards from Sherluk. Also found 3 pre date/cage code 30 rd mags. The following are not considered retro but I've been looking for them for a while. Found a nice copy of the original A2 -10 manual from 1983 (USMC only) and as I was about to leave I found a verifiable take off USGI A2 stock with metal trapdoor for 30. I'm real happy right now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That place was awash with retro parts. Nothing too earth shattering here. Got 2 Colt BCGs for the price of a new one. Got a set of repro 6 hole CAR handguards from Sherluk. Also found 3 pre date/cage code 30 rd mags. The following are not considered retro but I've been looking for them for a while. Found a nice copy of the original A2 -10 manual from 1983 (USMC only) and as I was about to leave I found a verifiable take off USGI A2 stock with metal trapdoor for 30. I'm real happy right now.
View Quote
Is Sherluk still around?

Sherluk used to make a charging handle stamped with their own logo (a mouse).

Always wanted one of those charging handles as a gift for a friend who insists on calling the AR a "mouse gun."  (He's an old - time M14 builder).
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Did anyone buy either of the two 607 stocks that were about three rows deep from the main building on the firing line side row of the pavilions like maybe A4 or A5 ? They were sitting on top of a glass display case. He wanted 400.00 each and they looked like repro's but I'm no expert.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did anyone buy either of the two 607 stocks that were about three rows deep from the main building on the firing line side row of the pavilions like maybe A4 or A5 ? They were sitting on top of a glass display case. He wanted 400.00 each and they looked like repro's but I'm no expert.
View Quote
They were copies, but very good ones.  I picked one up from him for $380.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw them. They were definitely repros. There was only one when I went back Saturday so, somebody liked them well enough I guess. EDIT: Looks like we found who bought it.

I managed to score two NOS A1 selectors for $30 from an older gentleman in the side building not far from the guy selling all the retro stuff. He had hammers, triggers and disconnectors as well but, with them being unmarked I assume most people just walked past without asking. I should have bought the whole lot.

Also got a stripped Colt teardrop forward assist for $17. Much better price than some of these internet sellers.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I managed to score two NOS A1 selectors for $30 from an older gentleman in the side building not far from the guy selling all the retro stuff. He had hammers, triggers and disconnectors as well but, with them being unmarked I assume most people just walked past without asking. I should have bought the whole lot.

Also got a stripped Colt teardrop forward assist for $17. Much better price than some of these internet sellers.
View Quote
That dealer had some nice stuff. His prices seamed like they were either too high or too low (auto sears for $40 each, and repro chrome bolt carriers for $180 each). I purchased three original slick side 604 bolt carriers with nicely early staked gas keys from him for $65 each.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I found the bag of gas keys after you left. I also picked up 3 of the carriers.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I had to work.

Tag.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Buddy is bringing me back some 601 cleaning rod reproductions?

Somebody with ties to Colt and the reissue guns had a stock of them. I’m going to have to pick his brain to see if these were made for the planned 601 reproduction that never happened or if Colt had a stash of them which I doubt. Seems like a weird item to repro though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Buddy is bringing me back some 601 cleaning rod reproductions?

Somebody with ties to Colt and the reissue guns had a stock of them. I’m going to have to pick his brain to see if these were made for the planned 601 reproduction that never happened or if Colt had a stash of them which I doubt. Seems like a weird item to repro though.
View Quote
Are you talking about the ALUMINUM four piece cleaning rods that were issued with the 601's?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd like to go just to shop for parts. I'd like to find another sub-caliber barrel for my Swedish K.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you talking about the ALUMINUM four piece cleaning rods that were issued with the 601's?
View Quote
Well there in lies the rub...

Not sure exactly what I'm getting but my friend is a retro guy who owns 3 original ones and he says these look the same. So not sure exactly what I'm getting but figured I couldn't pass it up and could figure it out later
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:09:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Found a 223 marked colt m16 mag for 20.00 . I was happy about that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I Really didn't see anything I had to have. Thursday a guy was going around with milk crates of complete AR BCG's at $45 each. As a result it seemed there was as many BCG's as attendees Saturday. Ammo semed a bit pricey compared to last year even. I did sell a sendra M16A1 upper minus port door for $100 to a beginner retrohead.

Now my son on the other hand bought a Mk VI brit helmet...why I dunno but my wife watches britbox so I guess he's an anglophile too. He alos got a 24hr brit ration box - the main meal of which I warned him would be inedible. I was right it was essentially muzzie spew stew !.

Tossed a colt C7 upper with 1/9 colt 16" HBar barrel , PK retro grips , rapidex rear sight knob on a buddies table... it's all colt and all there but BCG and handguards. Asked $425. Loads of lookers no buyers. Yet they would go down the line and buy a DPMS or some other generic upper for much more. Go figure.  Had more fun drinking beer with a surplus dealer buddy out by 31W across from jerry's liquors. Hell a few buds stopped in and had a beer with us . That was the best part of the show to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I Really didn't see anything I had to have. Thursday a guy was going around with milk crates of complete AR BCG's at $45 each. As a result it seemed there was as many BCG's as attendees Saturday. Ammo semed a bit pricey compared to last year even. I did sell a sendra M16A1 upper minus port door for $100 to a beginner retrohead.

Now my son on the other hand bought a Mk VI brit helmet...why I dunno but my wife watches britbox so I guess he's an anglophile too. He alos got a 24hr brit ration box - the main meal of which I warned him would be inedible. I was right it was essentially muzzie spew stew !.

Tossed a colt C7 upper with 1/9 colt 16" HBar barrel , PK retro grips , rapidex rear sight knob on a buddies table... it's all colt and all there but BCG and handguards. Asked $425. Loads of lookers no buyers. Yet they would go down the line and buy a DPMS or some other generic upper for much more. Go figure. Had more fun drinking beer with a surplus dealer buddy out by 31W across from jerry's liquors. Hell a few buds stopped in and had a beer with us . That was the best part of the show to me.
View Quote

was that the surplus guy that had the two rubber duckies hanging from the roof edge of the tents?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought some bolt catches.......
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Found it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
@WaffenUndBier Did you find the whole tank, or just the data plate?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish....just the plate. Still, it takes up less room in the den.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw Tom right after he found those blank mags. Helluva find!
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#26]
M-41 data plates........

These were bought from me......I think I still have 40 or so somewhere in my storage.........

Check the back of that plate.....most of them had " USE OTHER SIDE" stamped on the back !!!!

Must have been made for the " New Army "  ... :-)

Jim Gilmore

Jim Thorpe, PA.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Cool. Thanks. I bought two about 15 years ago for my two sons. When I was there a couple years ago, I bought two more. Neat and inexpensive piece of American military history.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#28]
That data plate is cool. Love to have one for my son
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top