Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2018 11:29:54 AM EDT
They have some crazy Christmas sales. Barrels as cheap as $50-100.

Decent enough for a plinking gun? Or just a waste of money?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely good enough for a plinkster.

As for moa accuracy, reports have been on both sides of the spectrum.

That said, I do have (2) AR-Stoner brand barrels made by Bear Creek that are surprisingly accurate that shoot under moa with handloads.  Albeit, they are free floated and using a good trigger.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
They are decent. I bought a couple from primary arms during their black friday sale.

For as cheap as they are, stack em deep.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
They are fine, good people too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one for free during veterans day and another free barrel with a $15 order the other day($10 shipping and a $5 Christmas ornament).

Two 16" M4 barrels for $30 (cost of shipping and Christmas ornaments) cant be beat.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got one for free during veterans day and another free barrel with a $15 order the other day($10 shipping and a $5 Christmas ornament).

Two 16" M4 barrels for $30 (cost of shipping and Christmas ornaments) cant be beat.
View Quote
I'm baffled at how they can make barrels that cheap. Feels like they have to be cutting corners somewhere
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm baffled at how they can make barrels that cheap. Feels like they have to be cutting corners somewhere
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess they are clearing out inventory for tax purposes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
look around there are plenty of complaints about quality control on the 65grendelforum.  one of those "could be a winner or could be a loser" type barrels.  seems like they bend over backwards to try and keep customers happy but for me not worth the time and effort to find a good one when there are plenty of known quality barrels out there for not much more money.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Put one in dads blaster, never shot it for groups but I did have to open up gas port a couple steps to get it cycle 100%
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
My two free barrels are good to go.   The others I have shoot decent.  well worth the coin.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a 16" 5.56 barrel from Primary Arms for a budget build my buddy wanted me to put together for him with some spare parts he had. I haven't shot it but every time its brought up he has to remind me it's the most inaccurate gun hes had and it shoots 5 MOA. He's not even close to being a gun snob so who knows.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn’t use anything BCA even if it was free.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a couple. Planned to burn them out on my bumpstock lowers, but it appears I won't get the chance

They've both cycled fine. I haven't tested for accuracy as it wasn't a priority.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:35:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a couple. Planned to burn them out on my bumpstock lowers, but it appears I won't get the chance

They've both cycled fine. I haven't tested for accuracy as it wasn't a priority.
View Quote
Why's that?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why's that?
View Quote
Probably 90 to 120 days until possession of bumpstocks is illegal.

I'll probably get one or two range trips in before then, but not enough to burn two barrels down.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t use anything BCA even if it was free.
View Quote
company gave away free barrels to vets on veterans day.  I'll support that company all day everyday.

OP; My best barrel in 5.56 is an old Bushmaster that is 20" and unthreaded.  Shoots around .4 with handloads with no sweat and makes my noveske and others look very ordinary.  Reviews on the barrels are mixed and we've had a thread here no too long ago with people showing prints of their work with them.

price does not mean quality and inexpensive does not mean cheap

remember all, this is a forum where guys spend $50 on safety levers, all you need to know about the stupidity of the AR community over the past decade.........................
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

company gave away free barrels to vets on veterans day.  I'll support that company all day everyday.  
View Quote
Trying to save face after all the people they fucked in the past under their old names. Kinda shitty they are using the premise of giving free stuff to veterans to do it. Rather they just owned up and said, "Hey, we fucked up."

OP, I've had people bring so many BCA barrels to me wondering what was wrong with them. Last one was a stainless steel spiral fluted one that shot like an 8" group or more with match ammo. M193 was like an 11" group. Good for a Ruger Mini-14, not good for an AR15. BCA wouldn't acknowledge it had an issue.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Got a 7.62x39, shoots great, have no idea about grouping, never grouped it, but I hit what I shoot at, although I don't shoot at knats wings at a hundred yards either.

Also have a 24" stainless heavy, spiral fluted 6.5 Grendel. I can group about 1.5" with 90 grain varmint ammo. That not off a bench rest, just elbows on the picnic table.

Both are complete uppers, both function flawless.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trying to save face after all the people they fucked in the past under their old names. Kinda shitty they are using the premise of giving free stuff to veterans to do it. Rather they just owned up and said, "Hey, we fucked up."

OP, I've had people bring so many BCA barrels to me wondering what was wrong with them. Last one was a stainless steel spiral fluted one that shot like an 8" group or more with match ammo. M193 was like an 11" group. Good for a Ruger Mini-14, not good for an AR15. BCA wouldn't acknowledge it had an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't know anything about that but it's a good move for vets and one that more companies should do.

As for your last comment, I've never seen an AR (and I've been around thousands) shoot 8" groups with match ammo, much less 11"  with 193 and it's the barrel's fault.  That's not to say that BCA barrels are accurate, great shooters or anything else but merely, calling your determinant incorrect especially given the variables involved for acceptable levels of accuracy.

In any event, I'll soon find out as I picked up a heavy ss 16" to be used as a pig gun.  I'll take it out next weekend and see what it prints with various ammo.  I paid $54 for it and the recent thread on BCA prompted me to give it a whirl.  If the barrel sucks, it's a pig gun/blaster so no harm whatsoever.  Make no mistake, I'm not suggesting the BCA barrels are moa all day but 8-11" is NOT just the barrel....lol
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
BCA has not changed around their name, that's untrue. BCA has always been BCA and has nothing at all to hide. Their family owns and has purchased a couple businesses including the machining shop though.
A company tries to give reasonable prices on quality products and help veterans and still gets the internet beat down,
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

don't know anything about that but it's a good move for vets and one that more companies should do.

As for your last comment, I've never seen an AR (and I've been around thousands) shoot 8" groups with match ammo, much less 11"  with 193 and it's the barrel's fault.  That's not to say that BCA barrels are accurate, great shooters or anything else but merely, calling your determinant incorrect especially given the variables involved for acceptable levels of accuracy.

In any event, I'll soon find out as I picked up a heavy ss 16" to be used as a pig gun.  I'll take it out next weekend and see what it prints with various ammo.  I paid $54 for it and the recent thread on BCA prompted me to give it a whirl.  If the barrel sucks, it's a pig gun/blaster so no harm whatsoever.  Make no mistake, I'm not suggesting the BCA barrels are moa all day but 8-11" is NOT just the barrel....lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Actually a barrel can print up large groups and I have seen it before.  Usually relates to a damaged crown or chamber dimension issues.  It is entirely possible even my S&W 686 SSR when I first got it I could not get it to group for the life of me.  Observed the crown and it looked like weld slag all around the exit points of the rifling.  Sent it back to S&W and they re-crowned it and I can put shots through other shots or touching each other.  Also had a chrome lined barrel for an AR that that CL was damaged at the crown and it would shoot all over the place and keyhole occasionally.  It was replaced with a new barrel.

Quoted:

BCA has not changed around their name, that's untrue. BCA has always been BCA and has nothing at all to hide. Their family owns and has purchased a couple businesses including the machining shop though.
A company tries to give reasonable prices on quality products and help veterans and still gets the internet beat down,
Haters are gonna hate.... I own no BCA barrels myself.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Actually a barrel can print up large groups and I have seen it before.  Usually relates to a damaged crown or chamber dimension issues.  It is entirely possible even my S&W 686 SSR when I first got it I could not get it to group for the life of me.  Observed the crown and it looked like weld slag all around the exit points of the rifling.  Sent it back to S&W and they re-crowned it and I can put shots through other shots or touching each other.  Also had a chrome lined barrel for an AR that that CL was damaged at the crown and it would shoot all over the place and keyhole occasionally.  It was replaced with a new barrel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yes sir but I don't think he was saying that at all and alluding to quality and brand only.  If the barrel had a damaged crown (which can certainly happen) he'd of said so and BCA would not be the only place to ever ship one as such.  As for the chamber dimension issues, to to the tune of 11" groups and you'd get other problems popping up before those groups usually.   Point however is taken
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll probably get one or two range trips in before then, but not enough to burn two barrels down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why's that?

And why would this mean everyone will discontinue their use?

A bumpstock ban will be as useful as the war on drugs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why's that?

Tis a slippery slope. On one hand your run of the mill law abiding family man doesn't want to commit a felony.

On another hand this is why we always lose. We as a whole never push back. I don't want to recommend anybody break the law of course, but with how the future of our 2A is looking, it might be the only option we have left one day.  Besides bend over and let the left make the 2A irrelevant.

I always think its funny when I hear people talk about compromise when it comes to thing like the bump stock ban. Hilarious in fact, because all I ever see us do is lose and get not a fucking thing in return.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tis a slippery slope. On one hand your run of the mill law abiding family man doesn't want to commit a felony.

On another hand this is why we always lose. We as a whole never push back. I don't want to recommend anybody break the law of course, but with how the future of our 2A is looking, it might be the only option we have left one day.  Besides bend over and let the left make the 2A irrelevant.

I always think its funny when I hear people talk about compromise when it comes to thing like the bump stock ban. Hilarious in fact, because all I ever see us do is lose and get not a fucking thing in return.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why's that?

agree...it is time to stop compromising.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

BCA was Moore Machine Company. You need to do your research. Just because you read the "Introducing Bear Creek Arsenal" write up doesn't mean it is true. They fucked a lot of people with poor quality and even poorer customer service. MMC made their terrible AR15's and they were so bad they created the BCA name to rebrand them under because people knew MMC AR15's were bad.

Quoted:
I've never seen an AR (and I've been around thousands)...
The old, "I've seen/been around hundreds, thousands, etc." just doesn't sell me on your supposed wisdom. Every supposed expert on here uses that statement.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BCA was Moore Machine Company. You need to do your research. Just because you read the "Introducing Bear Creek Arsenal" write up doesn't mean it is true. They fucked a lot of people with poor quality and even poorer customer service. MMC made their terrible AR15's and they were so bad they created the BCA name to rebrand them under because people knew MMC AR15's were bad.

The old, "I've seen/been around hundreds, thousands, etc." just doesn't sell me on your supposed wisdom. Every supposed expert on here uses that statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never seen an AR (and I've been around thousands)...
lol..that's it sport, you made a few dumbass comments and that is what you want to try and wrest from this?  You should quit while you are ahead here because it's clear 'all those people bringin in bca barrels' to you or that supposed 'bca changing their name of the company over and over' has you behind the eight ball here.

It's ok not to like them, not to support a company that gave free barrels to vets, to intimate you get a boatload of customers bringing in bca barrels that won't shoot, and make up $hit about the company but we'll wait for you to explain how those bca barrels are giving up 8-11" groups and it's 'the barrel'.

tic toc sport as it pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about

oh and it's 'not ok' for a mini 14 to print 8-11" groups, not in anyone's world really.  you sound like a 13er with that added nugget.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol..that's it sport, you made a few dumbass comments and that is what you want to try and wrest from this?  You should quit while you are ahead here because it's clear 'all those people bringin in bca barrels' to you or that supposed 'bca changing their name of the company over and over' has you behind the eight ball here.

It's ok not to like them, not to support a company that gave free barrels to vets, to intimate you get a boatload of customers bringing in bca barrels that won't shoot, and make up $hit about the company but we'll wait for you to explain how those bca barrels are giving up 8-11" groups and it's 'the barrel'.

tic toc sport as it pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about

oh and it's 'not ok' for a mini 14 to print 8-11" groups, not in anyone's world really.  you sound like a 13er with that added nugget.
View Quote
Trust me, no matter what mommy taught you, it's ok to be wrong sometimes. It really is.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
BCA and Moore Machine are both owned by Moore family members, brothers I believe. Moore Machine is the manufacturing side owned by part of the Moore family and BCA is the distributing side owned by others in the Moore family tree. The name has not been changed, both are Moore family owned and still in business.
I looked into it before when others made the same claims.
Moore Machine did make a few ARs under their name years ago, I have no personal experience with the quality. Moore Machine has now changed locations and turned into a massive operation and manufactures parts for many companies. The new Moore Machine and the old Moore Machine may be owned by the same person but are basically different companies using different machining as well. BCA was never Moore Machine, they are separate companies owned by different members of the Moore family. BCA was originally a small shop who mostly made custom high end parts and now they sell bunches.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

BCA and Moore Machine are both owned by Moore family members, brothers I believe. Moore Machine is the manufacturing side owned by part of the Moore family and BCA is the distributing side owned by others in the Moore family tree. The name has not been changed, both are Moore family owned and still in business.
Moore Machine did make a few ARs under their name years ago, I have no personal experience with the quality. Moore Machine has now changed locations and turned into a massive operation and manufactures parts for many companies. The new Moore Machine and the old Moore Machine may be owned by the same person but are basically different companies using different machining as well. BCA was never Moore Machine, they are separate companies owned by different members of the Moore family. BCA was originally a small shop who mostly made custom high end parts and now they sell bunches.
View Quote
Thanks for bringing the facts and clearing out the bs and misinformation.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#30]
My BCA 7.62x39 is a very serviceable barrel. I am happy with their products.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

MMC - 310 McNeill Rd, Sanford, NC 27330

BCA - 310 McNeill Rd, Sanford, NC 27330

So, neither have been the same company? And are owned by brothers? They occupy the same building, on the same industrial lot, have the same address, have the same CEO.

BCA - Eugene Moore, CEO & Veteran, Bear Creek Arsenal, LLC
MMC - Eugene Moore, CEO, 919-708-7112

Quoted:

His "facts" aren't very factual.

Recently, in their ongoing effort to produce the finest rifle possible, the Moore family has taken the entire MMC operation and moved it to there dedicated custom facility at their Bear Creek Arsenal location.
At Bear Creek Arsenal each rifle is built from the ground up on dedicated equipment and under the direct oversight and quality control of the Moore family.

Since we re-introduced the MMC rifles in late 2013 the quality has always been good, but now under the new Bear Creek Arsenal banner we think it is even better.  
Says right on their website that BCA rifles were MMC rifles before being rebranded.

I liked this employment review from indeed.com;

Very low pay poor supervision little training performed coworkers were 98% illegal mexicans. very unsafe working enviroment.
Supposedly loves Veterans, apparently doesn't make an effort to employ any, since there are thousands out there without jobs. So, instead you got Pedro earning $4.25 a day making your barrels, which is why they are $45.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I like their stuff just wish they would answer emails or clean out their message box at their worthless customer service phone number. Can't get them on the phone or email at all.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:51:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, neither have been the same company? And are owned by brothers? They occupy the same building, on the same industrial lot, have the same address, have the same CEO.

I'm confused, you're practically repeating and verifying bigjunk1's statement, that both companies are owned by the same family, but you state he's not factual...

One family owning both companies or opening one or another means nothing to me, I couldn't care any less.

"Intel" from individuals across different threads make it seem like these guys have opened and closed shop 4-5x times back to back; which makes no sense and is contradictory because from what I've gathered they've been around for sometime now, started booming as a distributor, massively in fact and is still growing. I'm missing what we're all supposed to be upset about here.

BTW your indeed link doesn't work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:.

BTW your indeed link doesn't work.
View Quote
Probably because it's not a link...

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Probably because it's not a link...

View Quote
Oh ok, thanks for the useless reference anyways then

Them giving free barrels to veterans isn't worth squat in terms of company character, but that one indeed review that could be written by anyone, with vague unverified information is all telling? Got it.

Moving on..,
Still in for actual helpful information.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#36]
IDGAS what or who they used to be.

I have 2 uppers in 6.5G from them.  Both are fully serviceable and easily shoot 1.25 MOA one will shoot 1 MOA when I do my part.

They have a lifetime warranty also.

Good 2 Go in my book.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Says right on their website that BCA rifles were MMC rifles before being rebranded.

Supposedly loves Veterans, apparently doesn't make an effort to employ any, since there are thousands out there without jobs. So, instead you got Pedro earning $4.25 a day making your barrels, which is why they are $45.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Recently, in their ongoing effort to produce the finest rifle possible, the Moore family has taken the entire MMC operation and moved it to there dedicated custom facility at their Bear Creek Arsenal location.
At Bear Creek Arsenal each rifle is built from the ground up on dedicated equipment and under the direct oversight and quality control of the Moore family.

Since we re-introduced the MMC rifles in late 2013 the quality has always been good, but now under the new Bear Creek Arsenal banner we think it is even better.  

Very low pay poor supervision little training performed coworkers were 98% illegal mexicans. very unsafe working enviroment.
The two companies using the same CEO does not change anything as far as their owners and past history. Moving both companies to a single location and forming a board with a CEO is how large companies do things.  Since both companies have moved to the same piece of property and combined forces they are essentially a conglomerate, but still separate family owned companies.  
Changing names over and over to hide their past was the original accusation and that isn't the case.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#39]
edit.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top