Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2022 4:32:34 PM EDT
APGdefense

I'm guessing the quality steel Triple R bayonet adapter is no more.  I have not been able to find them on the net.  Their URL goes nowhere.  There was always a presence on eBay and it's gone too.

So I've been looking at this one:

AR-15 Bayonet Lug Extender - Adapter

Ultra-light and strong aerospace grade aluminum alloy. Total weight of less than one ounce.
View Quote

Black anodized finish to resist corrosion and match your current hardware
View Quote

I'm leery it because it's anodized aluminum and not steel.  Not that I plan to go around bayonetting tree trunks or anything, but it seems to me that just mounting and dismounting the bayonet repeatedly will eventually wear down the anodization to the bare aluminum.

Am I wrong?  Would it be GTG?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The Triple R one was actually pretty stout.  I'd trust it any day.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably stronger to get the muzzle sleeve type:

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
APG Defense adapter is GTG, video below.

Smith & Wesson Bayonet for AR-15
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Use the one that Eugene Stoner had intended it to be from.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#7]
M-I-D-L-E-N-G-T-H....

It's the Correct Solution...

I haven't seen any bayonet adaptor I'd really trust.  

If you twist it, the leverage at the back end really works against the structure the longer forward it is projected off an adaptor.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Another solution other than a metal bayonet adapter is an extended bayonet handle.

Get two bayonets and cut their handles and weld them, that's the bayonet at the bottom.

I have not seen anymore long handle bayonets, I got mine way back around 2006.

The AR at the bottom of this pic is a midlength gas system, it mounts slightly forward of the flash suppressor of the midlength barrel compared to the M-16A2 upper half shown at the top of pic.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top