Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 3:50:59 PM EDT
If you guys have the Battle Arms bolt catch release - does it run against your upper?
With the large paddles, wondering if it hits your upper which might prevent function or releasing fully?

I have an Aero m4e1 upper, which is a billet look... so if you guys happen to be running the same setup please comment!
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've run the Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch on my M4E1 uppers with no issues. Currently I have the Forward Controls Design bolt catch on both rifles equipped with the M4E1 uppers; no issues there that I've noticed. While I don't have any experience with the Battle Arms bolt catch OP, I doubt you'll have any issues with it on the E1 upper, since while it has the billet look, the dimensions are pretty damn close to that of other "mil-spec" uppers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've run the Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch on my M4E1 uppers with no issues. Currently I have the Forward Controls Design bolt catch on both rifles equipped with the M4E1 uppers; no issues there that I've noticed. While I don't have any experience with the Battle Arms bolt catch OP, I doubt you'll have any issues with it on the E1 upper, since while it has the billet look, the dimensions are pretty damn close to that of other "mil-spec" uppers.
View Quote

Thanks for the info... and yea, Aero's "billet look" uppers do look close to my "mil-spec" uppers by eye balling it, but it is hard to tell.
On one of my PSA uppers, my standard bolt catch release button does seem to rub up against the upper itself, it functions fine though.

I have heard great things about the Geissele Maritime catch; I am running some other Battle Arms items already (Mag release, ambi safety) so figured I would just match up some of assecories with using the same maunfacturer.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top