Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2023 10:04:09 AM EDT
Hello,

Am looking into building a piston-driven AR pistol with pistol-length gas, using a Superlative Arms piston conversion kit.

While researching I have seen that they specify that the "gas port length" (distance from front face of the barrel extension to center of the gas port) needs to be 3.970" or you could bend the piston rod and I've seen some accounts of this out there.

So far I have not found anyone that publishes this dimension in their barrel specs, even among those who have a diagram for their barrel.

For as much as anyone has interest to respond, if you installed a Superlative Arms piston conversion kit on your pistol-length gas barrel and it worked well -- didn't bend the piston rod and you didn't have to modify the piston rod or get them to make you one -- would you mind sharing which barrel manufacturer you used?

This could be good info to have out there for others too, not just me.

Thanks
lwrcdriver

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Just talked to Trish at Ballistic Advantage.  She had to check and call me back but she said that is the EXACT measurement they make theirs to.  3.970"

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top