Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2024 11:08:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0311mattp]
Anyone have or use a CMMG banshee in 10? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
had one, ran fine

its 10mm so its manly
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a blowback 10mm.

Even with a 308 flat coil spring and 12 oz rifle length buffer in a rifle length tube, it ejects out about 10 feet when loaded with spicy pills.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I just found out I can get one for relatively cheap money so I am thinking about doing it
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're willing to spend Banshee money on a rifle look into Macon's 10mm DI set up. I have one and really enjoy shooting it. Have about 600 rds through it, wish I could shoot it more buts it is pricey as hell to have fun with it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tawoodii:
If you're willing to spend Banshee money on a rifle look into Macon's 10mm DI set up. I have one and really enjoy shooting it. Have about 600 rds through it, wish I could shoot it more buts it is pricey as hell to have fun with it.
View Quote
+1, I wouldn't use the CMMG RDB system for 10mm.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Have one and love it. Accuracy isn't as good as I hoped but can live with it. Get some 30 round mags and start reloading.

Been trying to get a 16 inch barrel but no luck.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Why???
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:24:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#9]
Originally Posted By DOG556:

Why???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOG556:

Why???
I personally think trying to use 10mm is pushing the limits of RDB operating system.  With that kind of pressure, might as well go with a standard gas operation.  If you look at the videos of people shooting the 10mm RDB, it is still pretty snappy.  I'm sure it would be a pussy cat if it was gas operated.

The CMMG 10mm also bulges the brass as CMMG mentioned when it first came out.  I reload and not sure I want to deal with every round being bulged coming out of that upper.

This is just me, but for pistol caliber, I personally don't want anything that uses a gas port in the barrel as I shoot full auto suppressed and don't want to deal with the fouling coming from tapping the gas so close to the chamber as I'm sure you are getting unburned powder when tapping the gas right at the end of the chamber.   10mm pressures is another animal though so I think it makes sense however, I don't own a gas operated 10mm either so not sure if it requires a custom shorty gas tube right at the end of the chamber or can use a pistol length gas tube?

In the picture below, I mention how I was using the .40SW bolt for use in my 9mm RDB setup.  Likewise, the only reliable setup I found to get my .40SW bolt to run in full auto and suppressed was to use their 10mm bolt in .40SW.

I have this documented here: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=854
In the picture below you can see the 10mm bolt is seems almost perpendicular to the bore and there is some peening going on there.  The picture below is of my friend's BCG's so that 10mm bolt was really shooting 10mm.  
It was later on that I bought a 10mm bolt to use in .40SW.

To that point, there is no other bolt to move up to if running the 10mm that has higher angles to further the delay.

I know I'm somewhat jaded as I run the RDB in 9mm, 40SW and .45ACP all in full auto and suppressed.  The 10mm eats ejector springs just like the 9mm and .40SW do.  I have succumbed to swapping the ejector spring in my .40SW at around 800 rounds which is about where the spring goes to around 5lbs of force.
.45ACP doesn't have the issue from what I've seen since the pressure is the lowest of those mentioned above.

For 9mm, I went to extreme lengths with my hybrid Dissent project, documented here: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1733

There is also the Stribog that is now available in 10mm.  I don't own any Stribog's either as I don't think they are full auto capable so no interest for me but sounds like they work good for semi.

ETA: also note that while the weight tuning kit (which consists of 3 different steel weights) is optional for the RDB series, the heaviest one comes already installed for the 10mm as it needs all the help it can get.
I presume you could use Tungsten instead of steel to try to tame it down some more.  I have tried the weight tuning kits but never liked them as I don't like adding more dead reciprocating mass.  I would rather mechanically delay the action instead of throwing mass at the problem.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top