Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2021 2:18:28 PM EDT
Is the ballistic advantage barrels over gassed?
Look at a 18 inch with rifle gas length.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My 16 in. carbine length was undergassed
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Buddy just got one of those barrels, gassed pretty much perfect
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased a 12.5” BA barrel in 6.5 Grendel, it was very under-gassed.  I called them about it, talked to a tech, he said they assumed I would be running it suppressed. I drilled it out a bit, it runs perfect now. I figured if I ever put a can on it, I’ll add an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they pretty accurate barrels?  High quality?
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've only sighted mine in so far with M193, and some extra shots on target with same, but my initial impression is yes. I expect factory target ammo to work very well.  

16" Hanson in 223 Wylde
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have two 5.56 BA barrels.  One is a 20" DMR "Preformance" series barrel that will shoot ragged holes @ 100 with handloads and the other is a 10.5" "Modern" series barrel that shot a legit 1 hole group @ the 25 yard innitial sight in.  I also have an 8.3" barrel that functions and shoots well so I guess I am 3 for 3
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes and yes
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Own one BA barrel and have put friends' rifles together with others.

1) not overgassed: mine ejects around 5 o'clock with A5 buffer, unsuppressed. Runs steel fine though, so it's about perfect in my book.

2) accuracy is good, and I've never seen any defects on any of the ones I've handled.

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
How do BA barrels compared to FN barrels?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently built an upper (my first one) with a BA 18” barrel. I am having problems with short stroking but I can’t say wether it’s the gas port too small or not, since I haven’t figured it out yet. Accuracy seems pretty good, last time out, shooting 3 round groups, it averaged around .75” @100yards. Spicetac  had a good price and shipped fast.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
LIKE MOST OF THE REST IMPORT BARRELS
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you claiming hey are not made in FL?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had 3 BA barrels. I've got a 4th on the way. You could say I am happy with them.

20" DMR barrel was perfectly gassed and shot really good. Sold it because it was heavy and heavy AR's are not fun to take out and about.

16" BA Hanson .625 barrel I currently have is perfectly gassed and shoots really well. I'm using an H2 buffer and Sprinco blue spring on this one. If I were using a suppressor I would go up to an H3 buffer. I have an H3 buffer in my parts pile and it runs full power 5.56 fine but won't lock back empty on anemic UMC .223.

16" BA Modern (Gov profile) ran good but had to be returned due to a massively canted FSB. It was rebranded through Aero and I'm not sure if Aero or BA pinned the FSB. Aero was awesome and sent me a return label and replaced the barrel. I haven't shot it yet but I'm sure it'll run fine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I’d say they are reasonably accurate barrels.  They certainly are accurate enough if you’re shooting factory bulk ammo the barrel is not the weak link as far as accuracy goes.

I have a 16” BA Hansen SS Wylde mid length   barrel I shoot frequently.  I use a standard carbine buffer and have experienced consistent performance without signs of being significantly over gassed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

BA barrels are not imported. They are US made.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top