Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2021 10:00:52 PM EDT
Back in May my good friend wanted me to help him stock up a few guns. So I gave him a list of parts to order and he did. At the time BCGs were tough to come by so he ended up ordering a 5 pack from surplusammo.com that were their brand I believe SSA. Nothing appeared out of ordinary upon receipt. One was immediately placed in a .300 BO pistol build for myself and had about 50 flawless round through it. He kept 3 and I bought the last off of him for a spare parts build I put together. Today we finally got a chance to shoot them, or to try.

First up was my build Anderson lower and parts kit/AP upper  
Diamondback 16 inch middy with dimpled and Roksett gas block. All parts put together and lubed as per milspec. Worked the bolt in several times put in half full pmag racked the bolt and non feed. 2nd attempt it fed fine. Single shot, didn't pick up next round. Racked bolt, round didnt go all the way in had to forward assist, which didn't work. Racked again , single shot. Wash rinse repeat with lancer mag. PMC brass and Winchester green tips were the ammo.

Having my friend, who I just put together his 3 rifles, watch this was not inspiring confidence. I had my BCM rifle with me so I swapped bolts and dumped and mag in the build no problems. Replaced BCG same crap. So I told my friend to grab the 3 builds out of his safe that he hadn't shot.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
His builds were all 3 on factory competed AP M4E1 lowers. The uppers were 2 Anderson and 1 aero. Barrels all 16 inch middys: 1 Roscoe bloodline, 1 BA, and one NBS enhanced. As I'm picking up my stuff I hear "Dude my mag won't go in ". He had a hexmag with abaut half full that wouldnt latch up in any of his if the BCGs were forward. We were able to get the Lancer and Pmag to go in with a stout tap on the bottom. We then proceeded to go through the same process of single or sometimes double shots in his as well as having issues just charging the weapons into battery. He had 2 other rifles one with a PSA BCG and one with an AP. We swapped BCGs again and they both ran like champs in all 4 guns.

Sorry for the long post, but in my mind these BCGs have to be out of spec somehow, or am I crazy. I've emailed the company, to see what they can do.

Has anyone on here came across and issue like this before that may have any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry that I had to Do this in several parts, I've just been lurking here and it is one of my first posts. I do not claim to be a master armorer, but I have built about 50 ARs in the last year and the the only issue I have had before this was with a completed upper from a company that will not be named. Long story short I ended up having to smooth out the feed ramps on their barrel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top