Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 11:44:29 AM EDT
I am thinking about an AR pistol in 300 AAC. I definitely want it to be side charging, and in my researching, I find that I really like many of the features of the BRN-180S.
For those that have built one into a pistol, what are the options for a folding brace when using a standard AR lower?
Also looking for which mags are most reliable for 300 AAC subsonic ammo.
I'm aware that my timing sucks to be starting to assemble a new cartridge, but at this point, I'm not convinced prices will ever come down.
Any recommendations from those who have put one together?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am thinking about an AR pistol in 300 AAC. I definitely want it to be side charging, and in my researching, I find that I really like many of the features of the BRN-180S.
For those that have built one into a pistol, what are the options for a folding brace when using a standard AR lower?
Also looking for which mags are most reliable for 300 AAC subsonic ammo.
I'm aware that my timing sucks to be starting to assemble a new cartridge, but at this point, I'm not convinced prices will ever come down.
Any recommendations from those who have put one together?
View Quote

On a standard AR lower, you'd need something like the Law Tactical folder.  I went with the BRN-180 lower for my 5.56 version and I'm using a SB TF1913 brace.
I use M3 PMAGs with my AAC 300BLK PDW and they feed just fine, no issues at all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
KNS Precision has a MCX adapter that screws into the buffer location and then gives you a pic rail. You could then opt for any pic rail mounted folding stock. Sig has a few options. Mine BRN 180S is SBR'd but I run the KNS piece with a Sig folding mechanism and Jmac customs skeletonized buffer tube.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KNS Precision has a MCX adapter that screws into the buffer location and then gives you a pic rail. You could then opt for any pic rail mounted folding stock. Sig has a few options. Mine BRN 180S is SBR'd but I run the KNS piece with a Sig folding mechanism and Jmac customs skeletonized buffer tube.

View Quote

This is what I did. KNS adapter w/ flange + mcx Rattler brace.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I just need to find one.
How about mags? I thought I had read there were some mags that don't feed well with the big bullet subsonic 300 ammo?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is what I did. KNS adapter w/ flange + mcx Rattler brace.
View Quote

Quick question - What is the difference for the KNS adapter with vs. without flange?  Maybe I'm not reading their information correctly but just couldn't figure out the two. Thanks!

ETA - Found it, the flange is for rear take down pin detent/spring.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quick question - What is the difference for the KNS adapter with vs. without flange?  Maybe I'm not reading their information correctly but just couldn't figure out the two. Thanks!
View Quote

I think "with flange" is for standard AR15 lowers and "without flange" is for other types of receivers that accept AR15 style receiver extensions, but don't have a rear takedown pin.  For example, if you wanted to put a folding stock on one of those Mesa Tactical shotgun stock adapters.

With flange

Without flange
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:06:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty much what the above poster said. They were originally designed without a flange because they were designed for the MCX. The MCX's takedown pin is captured by the pistol grip. As a result, KNS designed one with a flange for other AR type firearms such as 22s, BRN180s, etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine has a standard lower with SB BTFA and SBA3 with Phase 5 strap.
Works pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Post 556 only took me two years, but I don't live in GD.
All the info is appreciated.
Does anyone have a recommendation for mags - especially the big bullet subsonic ammo? Or do standard 5.56 mags work well for everything?
Also, does anyone know if a Fostech Binary will work with the BRN-180? Is the BRN-180 bolt considered full auto rated - I think that's what the Fostech requires?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top