Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2018 3:33:34 PM EDT
Hi Guys!

I am planning to build a complete BCM Gunfighter Jack Carbine. I have all of the relevant parts minus the barrel and forearm.

Can anyone tell me the exact specs (a link to it on BCM website would be nice) and forearm comes standard on the Gunfighter carbine? I know it is a keymod rail but unsure of the length and diameter.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if this is what you mean https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M4-Carbine-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/141.htm
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you referring to the HSP Jack carbine?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I was referring to the Jack Carbine. I forgot to type that in there. I think I found part of my answer. It is a 14.5 inch barrel but I am unsure of exactly which specific barrel and rail system.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Its a geissele rail, heres full specs

https://www.bravocompanymfg.com/TheJack/
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The barrel appears to be a standard mid length 14.5”, not their BFH (forged offering). Barrel link

As for the rail, it is not a keymod. It’s a Geissele SMR MK1 in 10”. Good luck finding this. I have no link to help you there.

Jack Carbine specifications
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#6]
There is nothing like having the real thing.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
The rail length choice is a bit confounding.  It's good but not SR-15 price range good...even with the light and extras
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine will be real but it just won't be gray or have that Haley Strategic logo. :-)

I have to say though, that gray is wicked cool.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya good luck finding that rail. There is one that isnt original color anymore in the EE for $500.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-GEISSELE-MK1-Handguard-Rail-10-Disruptive-Grey/159-1770450/
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I see that this rail has been discontinued. Can anyone recommend a similar rail (doesn't have to be Geissele brand) that will pair with the BCM 14.5 inch barrel on the Jack Carbine?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see that this rail has been discontinued. Can anyone recommend a similar rail (doesn't have to be Geissele brand) that will pair with the BCM 14.5 inch barrel on the Jack Carbine?
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you want a jack clone you'd probably want to choose a geiselle.  Though i think those are a tad heavy an SMR of similar length is the way you'll want to go.

I had one way back...I replaced the SMR MK1 with the original KMR and never looked back.  dropping the 6-7oz off the front of the gun made it so much better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#14]
They came with 10" rails but Geissele doesn't make any in that length anymore. You can go shorter at 9.5" or longer at 13".

My preference would be 13" and the MK4 or MK8 would give you a similar "look" to the HSP Jack.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Are there other brands with a similar look and design?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
SLR may have one that is rounder than the current Geissele ones. I’m a big fan of SLR rails.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#17]
This seems odd. If you want the Jack carbine then just get the jack carbine.
BCM Jack Carbine on their website
Clearly not in stock and I doubt it ever will be. I'm sure if Travis Haley was doing the rifle again now it would be different.

If you're not going to build an exact clone, then don't sweat the details so much, just build what you want.

The price tag for that rifle never appealed to me, or anyone I've ever met, because there's too many things to change.
I love the color, but I didn't want the Geissele MK1 handguard, and especially at that length.  And I wouldn't do a 14.5" pin+weld if I didn't get to pick the muzzle device.
Sounds like you don't even like the color, or the logos, so really what makes it a "Jack Carbine" to you? Just build the rifle the way you want.

Here's a 14.5" rifle I was able to do thanks to BCM and I like it more than the configuration of the Jack Carbine.  If I could have gotten cerakoted in disruptive grey from the factory that would have been neat, but not a deal breaker for me, and I don't care enough to take it apart and have it coated.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
The reason I am building instead of buying outright is that I already have a bunch of BCM parts. The only parts that I don't have are the barrel assembly and forearm. Personally I like the looks of the Jack carbine and just wanted to somewhat replicate it if not exact. Since they no longer make that exact rail system, then I might as well put whatever I like on it, so you are right there. I'll just build something approximate. Being BCM it will be every bit the quality regardless. I have a couple other high end 16 inch barrel rifles and just thought that I might go with something a little different on this one. I do want a mid-length gas system and I really like the BCM muzzle break on the Jack carbine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I have built something similar to what you're looking at.  All BCM (MOD 0 stock and grip), Jack Carbine take off bbl and a Geissele 13" MK4 Mlok. I love it!
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Get a longer rail which will put your light out closer to the muzzle and cover the gas block.  You don't want your light to paint your own barrel and muzzle device as it tanks one's night vision.  Don't know why they set the Jack up with a short hand guard...
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
SLR may have one that is rounder than the current Geissele ones. I’m a big fan of SLR rails.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Todd is good people and SLR is great
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#22]
14.5" SOCOM barrel or EMW, depending on your use, with B E Meyers 249F using BCM 13" or 15" MCMR rail would work well in this situation.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Tajas

I like that recommendation!

Thanks!

Is there any downside to the 14.5 EMW fluted barrel vs. the 14.5 SOCOM?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:12:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I gravitate to the heavier weight barrels for the uppers that I use for full auto, mid weight is a good compromise for me for heavy non auto use, light weight for general use. If a $455 barrel is not a problem for you, I would recommend looking at the Noveske CHF chrome lined lo-pro barrels. I have builds in progress using the 14.5" LCLP, mid, listed at 28oz. 14.5" SCLP, mid, listed at 22oz. The LCLP I will use for full auto, will use a SCLP for non auto. These Noveske CHF lo-pro barrels are about as tough as you can get for SHTF use, decent accuracy, overkill I know. One of my favorite general use carbines is BCM with 14.5" ELW barrel, 6 lbs unladen with Scalarworks LEAP sights.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I did a build loosely inspired on the Jack Carbine.
Far from being a clone, but it makes me feel good inside.
I used a Faxon 14.5 Gunner barrel to save weight.
Handguard is an ALG.
Painted in Duplicolor "Coat Cast Iron" color.
Baked in the oven around 300* for an hour or so.
It has proven to be very durable.

I know this doesn't answer your exact questions OP, but may provide a little inspiration for your endeavor.

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Here you can see how durable the paint is after about 2 years and approx 1500-2000 rounds. At least 500 steel cased.
The brass deflector barely has any marks.
The forward assist area of the upper has a encountered a few wicked gouges because my safe is way overpacked.
It's from trying to squeeze my AKs with metal buttstocks next to it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, that is fantastic. How did you prep the surfaces?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks!
Nothing special.
Just scrubbed it with alcohol and heated it to 160* in the oven to make sure it all evaporated before spraying.
I sprayed it while it was still hot.
Several light dusting coats.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#29]
do they make a girls version called the Jill Carbine? ...for the happy couple that shoots together...
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I built a near clone as I had most of what I needed. This was when they first came out. Geissele 10" MK 1 but with 16" bbl w/cut-down FSB, BCM comp, ACT etc.

Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They came with 10" rails but Geissele doesn't make any in that length anymore. You can go shorter at 9.5" or longer at 13".

My preference would be 13" and the MK4 or MK8 would give you a similar "look" to the HSP Jack.
View Quote
Right there with ya; I'd want the extra real estate to stretch my arm out or put irons further out on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Just do a mid-length build with a full length mk4 or mk8 rail. They're much better looking imo and I personally think these are an upgrade from the mk1 not to mention the length just makes more logical sense. The Jack came with a BCM PNT trigger, save that money you'd be spending on the mk1 and just buy an SSA and have something better than a jack carbine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just do a mid-length build with a full length mk4 or mk8 rail. They're much better looking imo and I personally think these are an upgrade from the mk1 not to mention the length just makes more logical sense. The Jack came with a BCM PNT trigger, save that money you'd be spending on the mk1 and just buy an SSA and have something better than a jack carbine.
View Quote
The Jack originally came with a ALG ACT trigger.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#34]
If I remember correctly, the Jack had a Green Mountain barrel.
GM’s 14.5” barrel appeared on their site just after the Jack hit production, and it’s still available.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m19-14-5-5-56mm-midlength/
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
... that Haley Strategic logo.
View Quote
Thank you.  I was scratching my head wondering why a rifle would have half a dragonfly on it.  I decided it was made for fairies or something, then I saw your post.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone catch the geissele blem sale for 4th of July? There was a black mk1 10in. There was your chance OP.

All the good luck  wishes for the OP finding one was answered by uncle Bill.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#37]
That was strange seeing those MK1's, I got 2 of them, perfect for SBR or pistols.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top