Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 11:02:53 AM EDT
RRA upper and lower, RRA, PSA, Bushmaster and an unknown FULL Auto BCG.
none of them will lock back
Changed out the stop, new spring, still not locking back, then
tried a bushmaster upper on the RRA Lower and still won't lock back.
thinking the buffer may be too long???
Had this issue on a pistol build, this is a carbine..

dont know, stumped..
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If your buffer is too long you wouldn't get far enough to reach the bolt catch....
Can you drop in spring and buffer from another AR ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
So it won't lock back manually either?
If so try a different lower, you likely have something funky going on with the spring and or buffer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
bolt catch spring worn out?  top of the bolt catch been peened by a 9mm bolt or trigger hitting it from dry fire mis-shaping it causing it to not catch on itself as it should?

try another lower or upper.  see if you can't narrow it down to what piece it's happening in.  and go from there.  you'll get it OP!

I had this issue once after getting a lower cerakoted.  the tolerances were too tight and the bolt catch would rub on the channel it slides into and not lock the bolt back after the last round.  I could engage it manually with my fingernail pulling it out.  sometimes it's just the little things.   better to find these out at the range then when you actually need it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Need more clarification on the problem. Will the bolt just not lock back at all when you push the bolt hold? Or will it not lock open on the last round of the magazine? Or is the issue something else?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Put on new catch this morning .

Thinking buffer. Will try another one tonight
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
bcg not locking back? Sounds like you have an issue.
What exactly have you diagnosed to-date?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
TEXAS FAIRY TALE TIME

Ya'll ain't gonna believe this..

had a rifle spring in it...guess it happened when I took off the rifle stock and put on the carbine stock

what a mor0n thing to do..

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top