Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2021 2:02:35 PM EDT
Any of you guys try these out? Got a chance to pick an upper up...curious as to personal experience..
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
As an owner of many poverty tier AR builds, BCA is a flip of a coin. Some times they run fantastic right out of the box, other times they show why they're so cheap. I've had ejectors break, misallied gas blocks, burrs on the feed ramps, etc. Good luck.

I don't have that particular upper but have several others in 556 and 300blk.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not seen the need for a side charging system, but have purchased BCA.  
My experience has been with needing to replace the bolts with a new bolt due to chambering issues and I assume insufficient head space.  The 7.62x39 required heavier buffers H2-3 and enhanced firing pins and extra power hammer springs.  
But for the money, no real complaints and I knew 200 dollar uppers might require some fixing.  I did buy a quality alexander arms upper in 6.5g and it ran perfectly as a 900 dollar upper should.  
The big thing is what to do when the ATF final rule on pistol braces comes out and I need to get rid of the braces.  
I am thinking of welding an extended flash hider to make 'legal' 16 inch barrels.  
Maybe they will withdraw the brace ruling and maybe not.   I purchased cheap pistol uppers because I was afraid of something like that happening.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any of you guys try these out? Got a chance to pick an upper up...curious as to personal experience..
View Quote

I have 4 BCA uppers all work great I am able to shoot at least dime sized groups at 35 yards.  I know not far but that is a 300 yard zero.I do think I can do better with good ammo.  I was using junk ammo that I had left over in my range bag.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Upper/BCGS are ok. But their barrels and barrel extensions are a gamble.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone shoot their side chargers suppressed? I'm thinking less gas to the face?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top