Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2018 3:40:18 PM EDT
My 13yo nephew has slowly been collecting the parts to build his first AR.  His lower parts kit should be coming in this week and it'll be time to start assembling it. Problem is I don't have an armorers wrench. So I'm looking for recommendations on an inexpensive wrench. All I need it for is to install the receiver extension. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Site sponsor and the Tapco is $9.99, but there are better choices for just over $20.00. Maybe the Wheeler.

https://www.primaryarms.com/search?keywords=wrench
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just grab one from Tapco for 10$.

If you're using it for multiple builds, I'd get the better-known ones, Tapco, Magpul, and Brownells.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the Tapco, used it for 2 builds.  Does the job, still usable for build number 3 when I get around to it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The Tapco Castle nut wrench works great, and it about $10.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The Tapco Armorers Wench cost me a few hundred, in long neck bottles that need opening.

I've use it for 20 builds, but I would buy MagPul if I had to do it over
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Tapco from like 2013. From my experience, not a long term wrench, maybe a few builds. My last build it was slipping off of the castle nuts and it looks like the teeth are worn.

I recently used the Real Avid wrench and its a whole different world, and it has the 1/2" spot for torque wrenches if that matters to you
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I built my first AR with just the Tapco castle nut wrench and some hand tools. I’m procuring parts for a pistol build so I wouldn’t mind spending the $$ on a Magpul wrench.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top