Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 2:50:37 PM EDT
I want to cut an armaspec stealth buffer spring down until it matches my JP scs.
Is the replacement spring for the sound mitigation buffer 158 the same spring as in the stealth?

Could I just swap in a jp scs spring and be done?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to cut an armaspec stealth buffer spring down until it matches my JP scs.
Is the replacement spring for the sound mitigation buffer 158 the same spring as in the stealth?

Could I just swap in a jp scs spring and be done?
View Quote

I'm curious to why you would do this. These are 3 completely different systems. You are likely to ruin your product if you snip some springs.

I recommend against any of the options you're asking about. It's like trying to fit a 0.625 gas block on a 0.750 barrel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
When you cut a spring, for one, that end no longer will sit strait, causing the spring to push to one side,
and two, it increases the spring rate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top