Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2022 4:56:32 PM EDT
I'm wanting a AR10 rifle. Looking at the Armalite  AR10TAC16 and it checks all the boxes. I can't find much information online about these rifles. Are these a good choice? Should i be looking at another brand? Opinions please.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 10A4 carbine. Had to send it back to get chamber refinished (no charge) and will run any ammo plus is as accurate as I can shoot. Solid rifle but bought mine about 5-6 years ago
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been an Armalite AR-10 owner since 99/00 and I’ve run a lot of rounds through them. There is a reason why I still have them and haven’t switched to something else. There is not much difference between the A models and B model, buy with confidence…
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive had numerous 308 ARs over the news, have always come back to armalite. Best bang for your buck out of the box, best BCG for the money, BCG has better venting which mitigates pressure issues substantially, the buffer springs have proper sprung.

The whole lack of standard really comes from Armalite trademarking AR10, not allowing others to make parts, blah blah blah. You had Hesse, Blackthorn i think it was, may have been same people, that whole thing is fuzzy to me.

Even when i built custom rifles, i used Armalite bcgs, barrels, buffer setups. Armalite is good to go.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I ordered it today.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s been a few years, but I had an Armalite AR-10 once and will never own anything that they make ever again. The chamber was cut off center, no idea how you even do that, and the crown looked like it was created with a file. I sent it back to Armalite and after a couple of months and many phone calls, which all went to voice mail and were never returned, and emails, it came back with the same barrel and a note stating that it was “within specifications”. When I went to school to be a gunsmith the instructors had nothing good to say about the company. I wound up selling it at a loss
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s been a few years, but I had an Armalite AR-10 once and will never own anything that they make ever again. The chamber was cut off center, no idea how you even do that, and the crown looked like it was created with a file. I sent it back to Armalite and after a couple of months and many phone calls, which all went to voice mail and were never returned, and emails, it came back with the same barrel and a note stating that it was “within specifications”. When I went to school to be a gunsmith the instructors had nothing good to say about the company. I wound up selling it at a loss
View Quote

That sucks. The old Armalite was amazing with customer service. I had heard it was slipping before they got bought out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That sucks. The old Armalite was amazing with customer service. I had heard it was slipping before they got bought out.
View Quote

It slipped during Westrom and his shitty attitude towards civilians. That is what caused them to sell, then they moved from Illinois and lost alot of good people. I haven't had these issues, but have also been buying older guns and parts for awhile now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It slipped during Westrom and his shitty attitude towards civilians. That is what caused them to sell, then they moved from Illinois and lost alot of good people. I haven't had these issues, but have also been buying older guns and parts for awhile now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, that’s the first I’ve hear of bad customer service under Westrom. I’ve had nothing but positive contact with them but I didn’t have any problems with anything I ever bought from them. In fact I had a bolt that sheared a lug after having PVD and they replaced it for free.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wow, that’s the first I’ve hear of bad customer service under Westrom. I’ve had nothing but positive contact with them but I didn’t have any problems with anything I ever bought from them. In fact I had a bolt that sheared a lug after having PVD and they replaced it for free.
View Quote

Quality never really slipped under westrom, but towards the end of his ownership, he started make unfavorable comments about civilians, customer service in regards to getting questions answered and stuff became much more difficult. It may not have been comments and just their willingness to sell their rifles to cops in jurisdictions that the rifles were banned, stuff along those lines, memory is fuzzy though.

I still buy Armalite for my 308 stuff because i cant afford LMT.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

LoL..you don’t know what happened….
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LoL..you don’t know what happened….
View Quote

http://www.thegunmag.com/armalite-continues-support-to-law-enforcement-officers/

Correct me if im wrong please, but to me, this sounds like Armalite was willing to sell to individual officers in banned states but not civilians. They were willing to sell to "civilians" only if they were employed by a PD in a ban state.

Please help clarify this. You've been a major Armalite guy for as long as i can remember, so I'll give your perspective some attention.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top