Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2019 6:38:49 AM EDT
Thread. They're available locally, and cheap. What's the consensus?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 8.  They're perfect for 5.56 & 300 BO but wouldn't work with my .458 SOCOM.  When loaded with .458 they were like the snake in the can trick.  One bump and rounds would launch across the room.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a few, they work on my MCX, Tavor, and my traditional ARs, never had an issue.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
They make an excellent 10 round compliant mag in a 30 round body. I've used lots of them with sand getting in them quite a bit at competitions and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
My series 1 would launch rounds out if you tapped or shook them.  My series 2 don't do that and have been good so far.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a bunch of the 10/30s when I lived in NY...never had an issue with them
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Series 1 had a hard time seating in just about all of my ARs. Closed bolt. Open bolt. Fully loaded. Barely loaded. It didn’t matter. Push/pull wasn’t enough. They required a hard smack to seat. Even then, they wouldn’t seat every time.

The Series 2, on the other hand, have been great. Which they sent me to replace all the Series 1s I’d purchased. Tossed in some extra swag and even let me keep the Series 1s (unfortunately they’re just collecting dust).

I’ve seen some pretty impressive torture tests conducted on the Hexmags. The fit and finish is very nice. I haven’t beat on them. Haven’t babied them either. They’ve been perfectly reliable.

I’m guessing you can’t even get the Series 1 anymore. So I’d recommend them with confidence. If there’s an issue, their CS is outstanding!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Series 2 and they are good to go as far as I am concerned.

If they have any failures, lifetime warranty is replacement.

I am confidant with the ones I have.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been pleased.

Bought some O.D. green ones for my sons O.D. Green AR and they have shot fine without a hitch...

Haven't run over them with a 70 ton M1A1 or frozen them to -40 but they have been a good value so far...
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I had two and both would have feed issues in multiple rifles I have not used them since.  Ended up giving them to the BIL as they work in one of his rifles but not in any other rifles we own.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting. I'll get some to test out. Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Get a couple and torture test the crap out of them. Best way to find out. It's what I did with MFT mags. Got two and found out that they were junk. Won't get anymore. Good for range use though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a couple and torture test the crap out of them. Best way to find out. It's what I did with MFT mags. Got two and found out that they were junk. Won't get anymore. Good for range use though.
View Quote
MFT and ETS mags are awful, but Amend2 and Hexmags are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
What about ETS magazines are awful?

ETS AR15 or Handgun magazines?

ETS has a lifetime warranty and backs its up!
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Series 1 had a hard time seating in just about all of my ARs. Closed bolt. Open bolt. Fully loaded. Barely loaded. It didn’t matter. Push/pull wasn’t enough. They required a hard smack to seat. Even then, they wouldn’t seat every time.

The Series 2, on the other hand, have been great. Which they sent me to replace all the Series 1s I’d purchased. Tossed in some extra swag and even let me keep the Series 1s (unfortunately they’re just collecting dust).

I’ve seen some pretty impressive torture tests conducted on the Hexmags. The fit and finish is very nice. I haven’t beat on them. Haven’t babied them either. They’ve been perfectly reliable.

I’m guessing you can’t even get the Series 1 anymore. So I’d recommend them with confidence. If there’s an issue, their CS is outstanding!
View Quote
The packaging on Series 2 mags will say "Series 2". Series 1 packaging is not marked as such.

I've seen lots of Series 1 mags for sale at gun shows.

"Oh, look! $8 Hexmags!. Oh....they're Series 1. No, thanks."

December before last Primary Arms ran a 24-hour sale on 30-rd Series 2 for something like $6 each. I told them to shut up and take my money.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETS Mags bind up on me for some reason, brass and steel, glock and ar. I did call the other day though and they are sending replacement springs FWIW.  Amend2 and Hexmaga also have lifetime warranties, but I haven't had to use them
The G43 ETS mags I have also shoot the follower through the top of the mag sometimes after the last round, which is really fun on a hot range, so they were quickly retired
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top