Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2020 1:00:07 PM EDT
I was wondering if this kind of picatinny mount with quick detachable base for $7.50 shipped on Ebay is any good. (?) I already have it on an AR15. Yea, I own DD, Colt, Troy, LMT, LaRue and other top name hardware when it counts, but didn't know if simple stuff like this works well enough. (?) I already have this mount and 2 swivels on my 9lb AR15 and have pulled on the 2 swivels and base as a test. It seems a bit wiggly but doesn't pull loose. (but I'm not sure how much slack I'm supposed to feel) Is that a good enough test? Anybody have first hand experience with QD swivels failing. Yea, I'm suspicious about $7 stuff too but just as soon not pay $50-$75 for the 2 parts if it's not necessary.

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Edit:

Eta: Rereading,  I see that you already have the set. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]
In my experience, when it comes to parts like this and in fact for any parts for my rifles, I stay as far away from eBay as I can.....

Brownells is my go to for parts like this, lifetime satisfaction and you can be assured that Brownells has researched the parts.

I know people that have ordered (not me) USGI mags on eBay and ended up with Pro Mags....talk about a bad day.

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Edit:

Eta: Rereading,  I see that you already have the set. Good luck.
View Quote

I need to order another set, but who says I can't toss out the $7 worth of parts I have if it saves my rifle from pulling loose & smashing the ground. Just trying to hear first hand experience that these parts do pull loose. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Chinese stuff like M-lok accessories or sling swivels/bases aren't all that much cheaper than their US-made counterparts, especially considering you have to wonder about quality. If you decide to replace what you've got, Grovtec swivels are like $15 and are made in America.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy garbage and don't have high expectations Is your life worth more than $7.50? Serious question.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Never mind guys. I googled "Quick Detachable Sling Swivel reliability, problems?" and didn't like the feedback about machining tolerances being all over the place and rifles crashing loose to the ground. It seems even quality stuff can vary a lot! I'll stick with simple Fudd style Detachable Sling Swivels made by USA GrovTec which will NOT pull loose in this solid alum block. Thanks for the input.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 4:37:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy from a reputable dealer, not EGAY!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top