Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 12:13:12 PM EDT
Anyone?  I plan on putting on a 16" I eventually plan on barreling to a 14.5.  Post pics if you have them please.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
They look so goofy on that huge thicc schig schpear or wtf ever boondoggle rifle they're pouring millions into that will eventually not get fielded because it sucks and the ammo sucks and nothing is quantifiably better enough to merit total M16/M4 replacement.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

i had the LWRCI Ultra Compact Stock assembly on a 14.5" project i was doing.  its not the same stock, but the size is simular to the SL-M from Magpul.

T
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What would be the point or compromising by using this stock on anything other than a PDW?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Collapsed on a standard buffer tube.

Extended on standard buffer tube.

Collapsed on LWRC UCIW buffer tube.

Extended on LRWC UCIW buffer tube.

As intended!

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By regular_guy01:
What would be the point or compromising by using this stock on anything other than a PDW?
View Quote

@regular_guy01

i tend to run my stocks short anyway and was able to save about an inch and a half overall length when fully collapsed i did it mainly for packaging.  i ran the same setup on my 11.3" 300blk and the LWRCI spring and buffer were perfect for both subs and supers.

T
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]
@spyderboy03

Nice set up! How do you like that pistol grip? Die Free right?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:56:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#8]
Originally Posted By ak4784:
@spyderboy03

Nice set up! How do you like that pistol grip? Die Free right?
View Quote
@ak4784 thanks! Yes, die free kung fu grip. Jury is still out on it. I don't have enough range time on it to give a fair assessment. Overall it feels good. Possibly a little short as it sits in my palm a little. Angle isn't that much steeper than the BCM mod 3 (my go to for years), but it is noticeable for sure.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By regular_guy01:
View Quote

Because I cannot afford the cost of the tax stamps needed to make a PDW and I want something that will work with armor.  This has a smaller footprint and on a 14.5 should fit the bill?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By doom1430:
Because I cannot afford the cost of the tax stamps needed to make a PDW and I want something that will work with armor.  This has a smaller footprint and on a 14.5 should fit the bill?
View Quote
I have a busy morning, but I can compare and take pics of the SL-M and SL-K later today.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
SL-M and SL-K are the same length from the latch pin to the butt. This means your gun will be exactly the same length fully collapsed or fully extended on a standard buffer tube with the SL-M as the SL-K. The only benefit for length is with an LWRC or KAK tube.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
SL-M and SL-K are the same length from the latch pin to the butt. This means your gun will be exactly the same length fully collapsed or fully extended on a standard buffer tube with the SL-M as the SL-K. The only benefit for length is with an LWRC or KAK tube.
https://i.imgur.com/kDRcBd0.jpg
View Quote

I can see that the M is slightly smaller than the K.  I think the K is what I'm going to go with.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Think of it like a 2024 car stock. 7.1oz, perpendicular sling loop, rubber buttpad, slight slope to the cheekweld. Great for those who stick to the middle between fully extended and NTCH.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#14]

I can see that the M is slightly smaller than the K.  I think the K is what I'm going to go with.
View Quote
I really like the K! It is my go to stock. I only have the M as I have an LWRC setup on my 8.5" 300 SBR and wanted to be able to fully collapse the stock to be as short as possible.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Did not know KAK had a thing. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

That's the cold water that hit me when I got of my 2.
I was a little disappointed.
I know it's not necessary but it would be nice if you could still get the filler plate for the stock. I'd take the butt pad off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

It's pretty new and none of their distributors carry it yet. I refuse to pay retail for KAK since every distributor is 10-20% cheaper. There was one thread on here that a guy got one and the QC wasn't all that great. https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Anyone-using-the-new-KAK-Ind-mini-buffer-setup-/122-783813/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I really like the K! It is my go to stock. I only have the M as I have an LWRC setup on my 8.5" 300 SBR and wanted to be able to fully collapse the stock to be as short as possible.
View Quote

Bought the K and I really like it.  Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Bought the K and I really like it.  Thanks for the input
View Quote
Glad to hear it! It's a great stock!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#20]
Originally Posted By HunterKiller86:
Think of it like a 2024 car stock. 7.1oz, perpendicular sling loop, rubber buttpad, slight slope to the cheekweld. Great for those who stick to the middle between fully extended and NTCH.
View Quote

You can actually attach a magpul mlok QD sling point to the slot on the stock. There's a small opening that permits the Mlok locking lugs to rotate/lock into place. None of the mounting hardware will protrude to the other side either.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

You can actually attach a magpul mlok QD sling point to the slot on the stock. There's a small opening that permits the Mlok locking lugs to rotate/lock into place. None of the mounting hardware will protrude to the other side either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zerlak:
Originally Posted By HunterKiller86:

This is exactly what I did with my K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top