Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2023 6:01:01 PM EDT
I've got quite a few M300 setups in MLok offset mounts (Arisaka & KAC) with a remote switch / Modbutton.

I'm wanting to setup a SHTF build and would prefer to have a quick-disconnect Surefire setup with clicky cap only. Something that could easily be taken off and used as a flashlight.

The ADM offset cantilever mount seems fitting. It mounts on the picatinny top rail and cantilever model would push the light forward so it could be mounted behind the front BUIS.

Looks good but I have no experience with them. Any feedback is appreciated.

ADM Surefire Scout Offset Cantilever Light Mount
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve got one with a m600 body & light.  It works, no issues.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Liking it so far. While it is heavier than an Arisaka MLok mount, it gives you the ability to quickly take the light off and use it as a handheld in a pinch. For a SHTF setup, this seemed like the right way.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liking it so far. While it is heavier than an Arisaka MLok mount, it gives you the ability to quickly take the light off and use it as a handheld in a pinch. For a SHTF setup, this seemed like the right way.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/A9920B90-90EE-44BC-A02B-54097EC5590C_jpe-2829068.JPG
View Quote

I agree with it's utility and hope it works great for you, but I've learned that quick detatch on things that you never actually detatch add up weight fast. Not criticizing your choice, so much as making an observation.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree with it's utility and hope it works great for you, but I've learned that quick detatch on things that you never actually detatch add up weight fast. Not criticizing your choice, so much as making an observation.
View Quote

Imagine if we weren’t so limited to freaking government profile barrels and had more CORE / taper profiles where the weight is shifted away from the muzzle.

If would offset lights and lasers pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s ADM, so it’ll be solid.  Used one on a pig gun for a number of years.  Nothing bad to report.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ll be devils advocate. Why not just buy additional lights to use as handheld? These QD light mounts are super bulky and add weight. Arisaka light mounting solutions are very nicely streamlined, low profile, lightweight, and strong. All of my rifles with lights have Arisaka light mounts.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’ll be devils advocate. Why not just buy additional lights to use as handheld? These QD light mounts are super bulky and add weight. Arisaka light mounting solutions are very nicely streamlined, low profile, lightweight, and strong. All of my rifles with lights have Arisaka light mounts.
View Quote

Agreed. I have 4 setup with Arisaka Mlok mounts and 1 with a KAC Scout mount.

However, for this setup being a SHTF rifle...and if I had to "grab and go".....what are the odds I end up with a pocket or handheld light with me?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
For QD SureFire Scout mounts I've used ADM and LaRue.  LaRue seems a little more secure, but it is also a little heavier (didn't weigh ... just felt them in my magic scale hands).  ADM's no-wrench adjustment is nice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're wanting a lightweight / less bulky WML to dismount and use as a hand held ... why not use the SureFire factory thumb screw mount?  You can tighten it with virtually anything to hulk-torque levels.  Screw driver, coin, knife tip, etc.  It would be less intrusive in the hand than a large QD mounting system.

ETA: for MLOK just add a section of polymer 1913 to the location you want the light or a fixed offset 1913 section.  Then thumb-screw the SF to it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Agreed. I have 4 setup with Arisaka Mlok mounts and 1 with a KAC Scout mount.

However, for this setup being a SHTF rifle...and if I had to "grab and go".....what are the odds I end up with a pocket or handheld light with me?
View Quote

I have a large Sneaky Trick or Treat bag, where my main go-to rifle lives. The upper and lower have to be separated, and it’s designed with a divider in the main rifle pocket. Inside the bag I keep 6-8 loaded mags, spare batteries, sound suppressor, handheld light, eye and ear pro, sling, charger for 18650 batteries, SKD PIG gloves, extra mags for g19.

If I had to leave quickly, the bag is coming with me. It’s also very low profile/incognito, so it could be carried in public without drawing any attention. It looks like a video gamer’s bag or an overnight suitcase.

When traveling by car, that bag comes along. It’s very handy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Imagine if we weren’t so limited to freaking government profile barrels and had more CORE / taper profiles where the weight is shifted away from the muzzle.

If would offset lights and lasers pretty well.
View Quote

I have a core, track 2.0, Hanson and gunner. I'm a fan of the weight the the rear, tapered profile barrels.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I just use the Magpul Mlok polymer scout mounts on everything.

QD is heavy and I don't see myself ever needing to quickly remove the light
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top