Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2023 10:56:28 PM EDT
Closest I found was the RRA lar 9 but I don't think they make that anymore. Also prefer for 223 and has a defector
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt made one for the USMC M16A2 light machine gun.
Pretty rare.
Since it fired from an open bolt, it had no forward assist.
I ran across a Colt M16A2 USMC light machine gun upper receiver a few years ago and built this:

RCA

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If you check out TNTESales's social media, you will see they are making a lot of odd billet uppers. They are testing a bunch of different proof of concept ones now. They mentioned an A2 without forward assist and also an A2 9mm without forward assist they have in the works.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you check out TNTESales's social media, you will see they are making a lot of odd billet uppers. They are testing a bunch of different proof of concept ones now. They mentioned an A2 without forward assist and also an A2 9mm without forward assist they have in the works.
View Quote

9mm A2 uppers with no forward assist have been a thing for some time.

Here is the TNTE one.
The pic is just a CGI mockup, probably as a placeholder until the actual product arrives.

https://www.tntesales.com/billet-9mm-a2-upper-receiver-stripped/

Couldn't find anything for a non 9mm A2 without forward assist.

RCA
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly the build i want to do. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, Sven at Manticore Arms talked about making some LMG style uppers a few years ago but I'm not sure it ever got beyond the good idea stage.

@Manticore_Arms

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Couldn't find anything for a non 9mm A2 without forward assist.

RCA
View Quote

I read it on one of their social media replies, their news letter, or somewhere on their social media. They even talk about different 308 handled versions. Appears they have already made and in the testing phrase of some of their billets already.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We decided to take a pass on it.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC, Sven at Manticore Arms talked about making some LMG style uppers a few years ago but I'm not sure it ever got beyond the good idea stage.

@Manticore_Arms

We decided to take a pass on it.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Probably makes business sense, but still .
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldnt check out TNTEs anything,those dudes are clowns
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friends don't let friends buy from TNTE (or Davidson Defense and all other names they run under)
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
Friends don't let friends buy from TNTE (or Davidson Defense and all other names they run under)
View Quote

All of this.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I know the owner of Davidson Defense. His name is Garth Davidson and he is one of the biggest douches/tool you will ever meet. So full of himself and super rude to people beneath him.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Closest I found was the RRA lar 9 but I don't think they make that anymore. Also prefer for 223 and has a defector
View Quote

There's an LMG upper receiver on Gunbroker right now.  $1000.00 and it can be yours.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top