Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2022 12:53:10 AM EDT
Thinking of doing a CMMG RDB AR9 build. Was looking at the HBPDW brace. Any reason this would be a bad combo?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]
my USPSA AR9 has a CMMG RDB built from aftermarket parts,  a full 16" carbine, rifle stock with Enidine hydraulic buffer... if you are going to build it from parts, the  problem I had was to get the installed magazine height correct, as the sharp teeth of the bolt can cause problems as they rake across the feed lips and on the next to present cartridge.. if you go with a complete factory set up you should not have a problem with installed height... as with any 9mm, depending on intended use, you may have to tweak the weight of the buffer... and I don't remember shooting mine with a carbine length buffer, even an H3, as my competition carbines at the time were fitted with VietNam era A1 stocks... regards
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
@lasnyder

Thanks for your reply but didn’t even address or answer my question. I am asking about the combo of the SBT HBPDW brace plus using a CMMG RDB setup since that HBPDW uses a proprietary buffer tube + spring + buffer weight so read of the typical. That’s what I am asking.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@lasnyder

Thanks for your reply but didn’t even address or answer my question. I am asking about the combo of the SBT HBPDW brace plus using a CMMG RDB setup since that HBPDW uses a proprietary buffer tube + spring + buffer weight so read of the typical. That’s what I am asking.
View Quote

It appears the HBPDW works with 5.56, so it should work with the RDB
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top