Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2024 3:22:48 PM EDT
Are there any good known (well to the individual in this case) AR pattern rifles in 300 Win Mag? I just started playing theHunter Call of the Wild and it has a 300 mag AR. Google shows guns from $6,000 to $2,000.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I cannot answer the question specific to AR platforms. One of my favorite hunting rifles was a Weatherby Accumark chambered in .300 WinMag... it had a LOT of "A$$" to it, if you know what I mean! LOL Putting a brake on it was definitely an improvement! Good luck with your quest!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The only cheap ones I know of would be Bear Creek and Great Lakes.  Both are less than $2k.  I dont know about the quality of either.

The others: Omen, Petra, etc. are all $4k plus.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Noreen makes one for about $3.5k.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Falkor Petra
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Alex pro firearms makes one

My buddy has one in 26 nosler pretty nice gun
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:56:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TonyRumore] [#6]
I have 3 Alex Pro MLR's.  I think they retail for $3,500 but you can get them on GunStroker for $2,200 - $2,500.
Mine are chambered in 26/30/33 Nosler, but they also make them in 300 Win Mag and 7mm Rem Mag.
Though all of those cartridges are 30'06 length (3.340"), the action, bolt throw, and magazine can accommodate 375 H&H length rounds (3.600").  The mag can actually handle a COAL of 3.800".
So if you're one of those Creedmoor type guys that likes to dangle your worm way off the end of the case mouth, you can do it with the MLR.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Great Lakes makes a 300 WinMag ar.  I have sold a pile of them and not had any come back or any complaints.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Spiffums:
Are there any good known (well to the individual in this case) AR pattern rifles in 300 Win Mag? I just started playing theHunter Call of the Wild and it has a 300 mag AR. Google shows guns from $6,000 to $2,000.
View Quote

If you think AR10's are big, pick up one of these honking beasts. I consider them a novelty and the price, magazine availability and reliability, as well as spare parts availability down the road, makes them a bad choice all around.

.300 Winchester Magnum is a long-range bolt rifle round. Trying to get belted magnums to feed reliably from a magazine and have the brass survive more than a few firings is going to be a problem.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

If you think AR10's are big, pick up one of these honking beasts. I consider them a novelty and the price, magazine availability and reliability, as well as spare parts availability down the road, makes them a bad choice all around.

.300 Winchester Magnum is a long-range bolt rifle round. Trying to get belted magnums to feed reliably from a magazine and have the brass survive more than a few firings is going to be a problem.

View Quote

Do you own one or have ever owned one?

Tony
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TonyRumore:

Do you own one or have ever owned one?

Tony
View Quote

A buddy owns one. I'll pass.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARmory04] [#11]
Is Nemo still around?

ETA: Yep, they're still up and running. Just checked their website.

I've not fired one, but have lusted after them for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, a 300PRC AR would be amazing!

I didn't even know these existed. Thanks for making this thread OP
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I can’t speak for the 300WM version but I’ve been extremely happy with my Nemo arms Battlelight. If the fit finish and tuning is on par in the 300WM version I think it would make for a very nice rifle.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
Damn, a 300PRC AR would be amazing!

I didn't even know these existed. Thanks for making this thread OP
View Quote

It looks like Alex Pro dropped all the Nosler rounds other than the 28, and added the 300 PRC.

Tony
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't get a Nemo. I owned one and buddy had one I had out to my range shooting. Jamming, brass eating POS. Sure will say they where super accurate, for the first shot. Never knew if it wouldn't have a second.

Ejector would rip the lip or base off the case leaving the shell case in the barrel. Jam in all ways possible. Yes we tried all types of different ammo. Even reloaded trying to get it to run. Cause it was so accurate we really wanted them to run. Finally I gave up.

Picked up an Armalite AR-30 and a Savage Stealth in 300 win. Love them both and NEVER had a problem with them running. The AR-30 is like shooting a 22mag. LOUD with the muzzle brake but virtually no recoil. Which makes it incredibly accurate for me.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top