Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2021 9:58:34 PM EDT
Bought a used gun and this bolt came out of it.  I could not find any markings. The carrier key is not staked and it looks like one side of the tube looks pressed in.  It also needs new piston rings.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I would stake the bolts and add a Bravo Company Sopmod kit.
https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-sopmod-bolt-upgrade-rebuild-kit/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Leave out the O Ring , it's not needed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it needs a good cleaning and lubing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
SP1 style carrier. Looks like the key took the brunt of a drop?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I would look for a replacment, clean this one up, lube well and put away for an emergency spare....

Could be any one of the bolts being made by manufacturer X....hard to tell

Look online and see what you can find...

I am on the DD mailing list for bolts as they come back in stock.  Will get the email and log in within 30 seconds and "all sold out"

Bronc
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am on the DD mailing list for bolts as they come back in stock.  Will get the email and log in within 30 seconds and "all sold out"

Bronc
View Quote

@77Bronc

LIKE SO?

Assuming you meant complete BCG, maybe not
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@77Bronc

LIKE SO?

View Quote

@Tigwelder1971

Bingo....

Thanks Tig for looking out for me, I just ordered one...yes I was looking for a complete BCG.

Bronc

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@Tigwelder1971

Bingo....

Thanks Tig for looking out for me, I just ordered one...yes I was looking for a complete BCG.

Bronc

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@77Bronc

LIKE SO?

@Tigwelder1971

Bingo....

Bronc

Waiting lists suck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have a recommendation for a good quality gas key manufacturer?  I know that Toolcraft is popular but I don't see a way to order just a Toolcraft key.  I will get a new bolt eventually.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#10]
BCM
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like it needs a good cleaning and lubing.
View Quote

This.  It's filthy, which can't help it functionally.

Clean the snot out of the carrier, especially the insides, and clean the key (the "tube") well too.  It does look kind of dented, but it may not be that bad, once you can really see the part.

Clean that bolt too.  With all the soot and gunk on it, there's no telling whether it actually has markings under the gunk.  Sometimes bolt markings can be sort of light.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top