Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2020 10:50:59 AM EDT
I recently completed the build of a CMMG RDB based build on a upper for my AR (16 inch barrel). I am using the mag inserts from CMMG that fit in a standard Pmag. It is running great and I love it. The only 9mm pistols I own are a beretta 92 and a USP, neither of which have 9mm AR lowers to fit the mags (that I found). So the mag inserts make the best sense. I have had zero issue with the mags. Plus having 30 round mags instead of 15 or so rounds is better in my opinion.

The only thing I think that would make it better would be a bigger mag. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any chance they might be able to convert the magpul D60 to run 9mm? Or is the design just too complex to be able to convert. I do not own a D60 so I am not sure of how the internals are, so I am not sure if it would even be possible. I'm just mainly curious.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently completed the build of a CMMG RDB based build on a upper for my AR (16 inch barrel). I am using the mag inserts from CMMG that fit in a standard Pmag. It is running great and I love it. The only 9mm pistols I own are a beretta 92 and a USP, neither of which have 9mm AR lowers to fit the mags (that I found). So the mag inserts make the best sense. I have had zero issue with the mags. Plus having 30 round mags instead of 15 or so rounds is better in my opinion.

The only thing I think that would make it better would be a bigger mag. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any chance they might be able to convert the magpul D60 to run 9mm? Or is the design just too complex to be able to convert. I do not own a D60 so I am not sure of how the internals are, so I am not sure if it would even be possible. I'm just mainly curious.
View Quote

Here's what you do....

Send an email, or get your phone and CALL the manufacturer, and ask them to build one.

Or buy a 3D printer and a PMAG and make one yourself.....or pay someone for R&D and have them make it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Because it takes, what, 5 seconds to perform a mag change?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I think and hope that we will see a 15-round Pmag conversion.

But I doubt we’ll ever see a D60 conversion.

-Masta
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because it takes, what, 5 seconds to perform a mag change?
View Quote

Then why did they even design and make the D60 to start with? Obviously there is a demand, and they are selling.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#5]
If they haven’t rolled out a .300bo D60 drum, they won’t do one in any other caliber.

And sad to say, today it costs more to buy 60 rounds of .300bo than a new D60.

If you want a Colt smg pattern 50 round 9mm, Promag makes a cheap one and X Products makes a good one.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever happened to the Beta c 9mm mags? I thought those worked pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Whatever happened to the Beta c 9mm mags? I thought those worked pretty well.
View Quote

$350 for the C-MAG System 9MM GLOCK.......................or you can use the same money and by 10ea 33 round OEM Glock magazines.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't been keeping track of PCCs, but ar 9mm ARs still a big thing? In matches I've been seeing a lot of guys running Sig MPX for PCC.

Ask in the Magpul subforum. Maybe if it gets a lot of attention, it might get someone thinking.

Now the question is, would it be modeled for Colt SMG or Glock mags?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I haven't been keeping track of PCCs, but ar 9mm ARs still a big thing? In matches I've been seeing a lot of guys running Sig MPX for PCC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not everybody builds guns for matches.  Mine is for HD and fun

Now the question is, would it be modeled for Colt SMG or Glock mags?

Talking about Endomags here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Talking about Endomags here.
View Quote

Ah. Totally missed that part in OP.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea I was not talking about magpul making it, I was talking about a conversion of the existing mag to be able to shoot 9mm from it just like the mag inserts you get from cmmg.
https://cmmginc.com/product/adapter-magazine-9-ar-conversion-10-30rd-3-pack/
Since those go into a standard pmag body and convert it to 9mm, I was wondering if there was a chance they could make some type of a insert or conversion to be able to do the same thing with with the D60.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]
NVM, RIF

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, not a conversion, but I just saw a teaser for Magpul’s 9mm drum for the Evo Scorpion.
And there’s a Glock version too.

No Colt smg version tho.
I’m guessing it’d have to have a metal tower and that’s too much metal for Magpul.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:21:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was wondering if there was a chance they could make some type of a insert or conversion to be able to do the same thing with with the D60.
View Quote

You've had all week to call endomag and ask them if they are planning a D-60 kit.

Stop wondering, start calling, and get a real answer.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You've had all week to call endomag and ask them if they are planning a D-60 kit.

View Quote

People been asking for a standard 40 round version since the beginning to no avail.  I doubt they will be jumping into a double wide 60 any time soon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The endomags are different from what cmmg uses. The endomags are set up for straight blowback and have a built in ejector. The cmmg inserts are set up for their rdb system, and do not have a ejector.
Unless I am missing something?
Can you grind off the ejector on the endomag and use it with a cmmg rdb? Why do that when you can just get the cmmg version?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The endomags are different from what cmmg uses. The endomags are set up for straight blowback and have a built in ejector. The cmmg inserts are set up for their rdb system, and do not have a ejector.
Can you grind off the ejector on the endomag and use it with a cmmg rdb? Why do that when you can just get the cmmg version?
View Quote

The ejector is the only difference.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whom do you think makes the CMMG inserts ??

Mean arms

Whom makes endomags ??

Mean arms

I probably should have typed mean arms in my post....but I feel that I gave the info needed for you to get your answer.

But....the simple fact remains.
You still haven't contacted the manufacturer to answer your D-60 question you asked in your original post.
Which would have been the fastest, simplest, and most effective way to get your answer.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Theres a 3d printed insert for 10, 20, 30, 40 and 60 round mags. 9mm in a drum is a different animal and so far havent made much progress.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Just get a glock lower and a 50 round glock 9mm drum mag.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tried to say the same or something similar, but OP wants to use standard AR lowers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I tried to say the same or something similar, but OP wants to use standard AR lowers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then buy a magwell adapter. There is no practical way I see to make an ar drum hold 50 9 mm.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Then buy a magwell adapter. There is no practical way I see to make an ar drum hold 50 9 mm.
View Quote

LOL. You're repeating the same stuff that was said last week.

Edit: Let this thread die because it won't work and probably not going to happen.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top