Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 9:49:49 AM EDT
I'm building a dedicated 22lr upper, and am planning on running a 4.5" barrel under a 6ish long rail with a silencer. My current plan is to get a Fortis Switch rail incase the can ever gets stuck and I need to get more grip on it.

I figured before I bought the rail i'd ask if there are any other tooless/quickly removable rails to look at other then the switch?

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The Switch is the only one I’m aware of, but there are a lot that lock on with just 4 torx or allen button head screws.  Pretty simple to zip those off in a hurry as well.   For the price difference, I’d just get a regular REV (if you can find one in the EE) or REV II, and toss a quality Allen set in your range bag.  Takes literally a minute to pull off a regular REV/REV II anyhow.

Sure, it’s slower than a Switch rail, but they fit a standard barrel nut and have index tabs to keep alignment.  Unless you’ve got optics/lasers to worry about zero with, there’s not much of a big difference in time but noticeable in cost.

But I’m still running (and love) my REV rails.  Kinda makes me sad that I can’t get a REV mid cutout rail anymore.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
For a quick release handguard, I do not know of any other on the market that has that capability. BTW, the Switch is a very nice handguard. I have installed a couple of them. Easy to engage and release. Solid lockup.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I know myself well enough to know the day my can gets stuck will be the same day I didn't bring the wright tool with me, and I like the looks of the switch rail.. to bad they didn't put the 6" rail on sale for black friday.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just about to start a thread about fortis switch rails when I stumbled on this. Going to grab a 15” switch for my upcoming 308 build and wanted some first hand accounts. Any additional info and feedback would be welcome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top