Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 12:39:18 AM EDT
I’m looking to do a .458 and my research points to tromix as the best solution. However the site has been down for me and I’m wondering if they’re out of business or closed to catch up with demand?

If that’s the case is there a reliable alternative to the tromix parts? Speaking specifically to the barrel and stripped upper.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've noticed that also. Probably site maintenance like it says or they're swamped. Even the IT guy is on the floor.

@TonyRumore
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I would wait for a Tromix.  Once your order is place it should ship fairly quickly if its in stock.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you happen to try the old fashion Boomer way and pick up a telephone? (918) 543-3456
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’m looking to do a .458 and my research points to tromix as the best solution. However the site has been down for me and I’m wondering if they’re out of business or closed to catch up with demand?

If that’s the case is there a reliable alternative to the tromix parts? Speaking specifically to the barrel and stripped upper.
View Quote

I built my .458 SOCOM with a Wilson Combat stripped upper, barrel, and BCG.  I also used an SLR Rifleworks adjustable gas block.  I haven't had any issues with it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#6]
TROMIX is NOT out of business.  He is moving his server from GoDaddy to another so he can continue to provide as good an internet service as he does firearm service.  He won't be down more than a couple of days so for Christ sake, show a little patience, he will be back up on-line very soon.  Get in a hurry and buy an inferior product and you'll rue the day that your impatience got the best of you.

There is nobody that will compare to TROMIX for highest quality, fastest service, knowledge on how to make the .458 right, and customer service.  NOBODY!

He posted this on the .458 SOCOM forums just yesterday, 5/05/2021:

We're doing a bunch of work to the Tromix site and moving it away from Go Daddy.
We should only be down one day.

We're not out of business.  Far from it.   ;D

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Anyone telling you or spreading the rumor that TROMIX is OOB is a liar and trying to take your money, and if they are that big of a liar, good luck getting your money back after you buy an inferior product and it won't work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Tromix is the only way to go for that caliber.  You're better off waiting or calling.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I had noticed that they had removed 458 bolts from the store page.  There are still bolt/barrel combo's but not bolts alone.  Can you not buy just a bolt anymore?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The Tromix site is back up and running.

Tony
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Good to know

I have a RRA 16" upper I've never been happy with and want to replace it.

(I still haven't fired my 8" Teppu Jutsu upper )
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Tromix is always the answer for 458 Socom and well worth the wait! I say worth the wait yet they have always shipped quickly and accurately for me!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Not saying Tromix isn't the best, but my Black Rain has been 100% solid. The bolt, barrel extension, ramp, and ejection port were all done correctly and were not a fly by night half assed approach.

I've never had a failure of any kind even when new.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not saying Tromix isn't the best, but my Black Rain has been 100% solid. The bolt, barrel extension, ramp, and ejection port were all done correctly and were not a fly by night half assed approach.

I've never had a failure of any kind even when new.
View Quote

I don't know about the parts in your particular upper, but Black Rain bought a bunch of barrels and bolts from us awhile back.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Good on ya to move from Go Daddy.  I did the same.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good on ya to move from Go Daddy.  I did the same.
View Quote

Yeah, the writing was on the wall on that one.  Any day, those clowns could have cut us off, so we beat them to the punch.
What's interesting, is when we started with them, they had no problem with gun stuff and Go Daddy personnel actually created the initial site and loaded up about a dozen of our parts to get us started.
They had no issues with gun parts at the time.  Then about 6 months later, they wanted nothing to do with us.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't know about the parts in your particular upper, but Black Rain bought a bunch of barrels and bolts from us awhile back.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

View Quote

Can a person buy just a bolt from you now, or just bolt/barrel combos?  I didn't see bolts alone listed in your store last time I visited.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tony Rumore
Tromix

View Quote

Well I'll be.  Now I want to reach out to them and find out.

I maybe can say I have Tromixish parts after all.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top