Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 2:58:34 PM EDT
I have an Aimpoint 3X magnifier in a Scalarworks 1.57 mount.  Will one of the Eotech XPS optics line up with it.  Has anyone tried it?  I'm thinking it will be close enough to be usable but not sure.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a link to a thread in which a user uses a PA lower 1/3 height magnifier and mount with an XPS and he said it had enough adjustment to compensate for the added height. He says the dimension he measured for the height of the mag was 1.64" so your 1.57 should work.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It will work but you’ll probably wish you got a EXPS afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  What makes the EXPS better?  The riser?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  What makes the EXPS better?  The riser?
View Quote

The riser/QD mount puts it at the perfect height. The hood will catch the top of the magnifier fov. Saying that you can adjust it and it works just fine. If you want a perfect picture I would recommend the EXPS vs XPS. I sold my XPS just because over time it bothered me. It might not bother you so take it with a grain of salt.

It will WORK though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Also the EXPS riser/QD mount is not compatible with the XPS last I checked. The QD mount is very nice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The riser/QD mount puts it at the perfect height. The hood will catch the top of the magnifier fov. Saying that you can adjust it and it works just fine. If you want a perfect picture I would recommend the EXPS vs XPS. I sold my XPS just because over time it bothered me. It might not bother you so take it with a grain of salt.

It will WORK though.
View Quote

Thanks.  I'll look at the EXPS then.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It will work but you’ll probably wish you got a EXPS afterwards.
View Quote

Just purchased an xps2. Can confirm. Searching for risers right now
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just purchased an xps2. Can confirm. Searching for risers right now
View Quote
I think larue makes one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm considering the Vortex UH-1 gen 2 now.  I think it would be a bad decision but at the same time not.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top