Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2021 10:10:59 PM EDT
Thinking of putting a Vortex Viper 2 PST 2 x10 and using a RMR in an offset mount.   Thinking if using the 3.25 MOA Rmr.  RM06-C-700672.   Not use an RMR before so this is a first.  Will I need anything else beside the offset mount?  Is 3.25moa good enough for this purpose?  1 MOA seems  pretty small.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
3.25 is fine.  All you’ll need is the offset mount.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Any chance anyone knows if the Reptilia ROF-SAR offset mount will clear the end bell of the vortex viper pst 2x10x32 scope without needing a riser block?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on what the use of this rifle is, perhaps look into a closed emitter red dot instead of the RMR?  I've heard good things about the Badger Condition One mounts that you can attach an offset directly to it use a J-Arm.  I'm going to be doing that for an Aero M5 16" .308 I'm currently building.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any chance anyone knows if the Reptilia ROF-SAR offset mount will clear the end bell of the vortex viper pst 2x10x32 scope without needing a riser block?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60593/100-013-ROF-SAR-RMR-30MM-BLACK-FOR-SITE_-1852421.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60593/vtx_rfl_pst-2_2-10x32_moa_bl_w_jpg-1852422.JPG
View Quote

Can’t confirm if it will or not, but that indexes the red dot off the centerline of the scope, not the barrel. Add to that the height over bore and you will have a fun time trying to zero it. My recommendation for offset red dots is always the Arisaka offset mount with the appropriate mounting plate. It correctly indexes off the barrel.

ETA if you plan on using that to mount the red dot at 12 o’clock then disregard the above. If you’re looking to offset it at an angle, then the above applies
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I am also building a 16"M5.   Will check out the closed emitters.   Looks like several manufacturers has one now.  The aimpoint acro is kind of large.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks luny.  That mount does look like a great option.  I could use it with a large spr-e and run the red dot mount at the rear of the upper rail.  Think that would be a good solution.  Now I just need to decide on a red dot.  So many choices now a days.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am also building a 16"M5.   Will check out the closed emitters.   Looks like several manufacturers has one now.  The aimpoint acro is kind of large.
View Quote

The Acro and Holosun equivalents are roughly the same size as the RMR, its just deceptively big.  I'm just worried about dirt blocking the emitter as I drag this thing around.  If this is a bench type gun then it's irrelevant really
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

FWIW, the Acro is advertised as the "smallest enclosed system on the market", though it does use a relatively "odd" battery choice of CR1225. Easy to find online but may not be as available locally as a CR2032 or CR1632.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I would definitely recommend the arisaka offset mount. Got it for my last build and is super nice and can change angles if needed.

Vortex pst Gen 2 1-6 with a offset kingslayer on it

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can’t confirm if it will or not, but that indexes the red dot off the centerline of the scope, not the barrel. Add to that the height over bore and you will have a fun time trying to zero it. My recommendation for offset red dots is always the Arisaka offset mount with the appropriate mounting plate. It correctly indexes off the barrel.

ETA if you plan on using that to mount the red dot at 12 o’clock then disregard the above. If you’re looking to offset it at an angle, then the above applies
View Quote

While you are absolutely 100% spot on about this the ranges that the shooter will be using the red dot at are not going to make a huge difference.  It is not going to be like the Garand and scope mounted sniper rifles of WW2 at long ranges.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top