Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 4:48:22 PM EDT
These mags look like shit! If this is new quality then I'll be sticking with E-Landers. These were sold as new by a rather reputable vendor.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Send those pics to the dealer and have them send new ones. If they are reputable, they will.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send those pics to the dealer and have them send new ones. If they are reputable, they will.
View Quote

It's just odd that all of the mags look like this. My E-Landers are seriously nice. These look like a drunk was running the spot welder
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. Agree with that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks worse than the C-Products magazines I bought the day after Obama got elected.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SHIT!!!!

Just buy Okay Industries and fucking forget about those!
View Quote

These are 6.5 Grendel mags, not many choices out there. E-Landers seem to be the only legit option at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
These mags look like shit!

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok so I'm not crazy to ask for actual new ones or send them back. Getting with the vendor tomorrow first thing! Wish E-Lander made 15's instead of 17's so I can actually get them shipped here
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I honestly can't say that a coating that puddle some a the bottom of a mag would bother me much.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
These mags look like shit! If this is new quality then I'll be sticking with E-Landers. These were sold as new by a rather reputable vendor.

Thoughts?

https://i.ibb.co/3sNbKv6/thumbnail-20210411-144257.jpg

View Quote

Garbage.  I wouldn't accept those at all.  I'm not a picky guy, but those look like crap.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
ASC and C-Product magazines are some of the lowest quality magazines on the market. Their only redeeming value is they make cheap magazines for non-standard calibers.

The only magazines worse than them are ProMags and Triple-K.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I been very happy with my D&H magazines.....Those do look bad.......
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Well for such a reputable vendor these folks are now silent. They were answering emails left and right when I was wanting to spend money. Now that I have a problem with multiple products shipped its crickets. I'll give them a few days before I call them out publicly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I have several ASC mags that I bought last year for my 6.8 rifles.  None look like that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have several ASC mags that I bought last year for my 6.8 rifles.  None look like that.
View Quote

I don't think they like the fact that I caught them selling blems as brand new. Nowhere on the site or product listing does it state that these are blems. I don't mind blemished products, but list them as such as price them accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I honestly can't say that a coating that puddle some a the bottom of a mag would bother me much.
View Quote

Not only is appearance important, but also raises the question of what else did they not care that much about?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Half assed is half assed.

Personally I don't pay others for half assed anything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah those are definitely blems. The ones sold as new(non blem) don't look like that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah those are blems, which are normally sold as such and deeply discounted.
View Quote

Yeah... Well... This vendor does not label them as such and I guess hopes nobody will notices. Funny I have emailed them 4 times now and not a word. Before that they were firing off emails left and right to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Is that puddled paint, botched welding, some sort of sealant, grease, etc?
I can't quite tell from your pics.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is that puddled paint, botched welding, some sort of sealant, grease, etc?
I can't quite tell from your pics.
View Quote

The manufacturer claims their blems that look like this are due to bubbles in the coating.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Id buy the blems from ASC for $10/ea, have a 5 pack in my cart now, thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#23]
So got a response. They said these passed ASC's QC lololol
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not only is appearance important, but also raises the question of what else did they not care that much about?
View Quote

I will have to try nd remember that next time I let one fall 3' in the sand or  on the concrete walk at a match. I bet them poor things are rubbing and banging together when I bounce them around in my range box too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#25]
So vendor owned up to it, reached out to their "supplier" and they said to keep the mags and are issuing a refund. Turns out this vendor is a huge drop shipper as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So vendor owned up to it, reached out to their "supplier" and they said to keep the mags and are issuing a refund. Turns out this vendor is a huge drop shipper as well.
View Quote

Thank goodness. Now those ugly mags can be thrown away and then get some that are nice looking. Who in the world would want to be seen with those in their gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thank goodness. Now those ugly mags can be thrown away and then get some that are nice looking. Who in the world would want to be seen with those in their gun.
View Quote

Grendel owners . I'm going to refinish them and see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ASC and C-Product magazines are some of the lowest quality magazines on the market. Their only redeeming value is they make cheap magazines for non-standard calibers.

The only magazines worse than them are ProMags and Triple-K.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Triple k are the only ones i can find for my old mossberg model 52 .22, they’ve worked fine so far i have 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top