Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2021 7:21:27 PM EDT
Am wanting a single stage short take up and fast reset trigger at under $150. The JMT Saber EVO drop in seems to check off all those at $95. Except the mfg says not recommended for 9mm unless use at least an 8oz buffer and heavy spring. I was going to use either the Taccom pcc buffer or Blitzkrieg like my other 9mms. So give me some ideas please.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My bet is you can use the blitz and be fine. kns I think make some hard stainless trigger pins thatvmoght help as that is the actual part that breaks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using the AIM SSTAT (Rise Armament clone). Works great in both my rigs. 7.5 oz buffer, carbine spring & 11 oz buffer, carbine spring. Brownells bolts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I don't think my question is worthy of it's own thread.

Will any mil-spec trigger work in an AR9 or do I need an AR9 specific trigger?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I don't think my question is worthy of it's own thread.

Will any mil-spec trigger work in an AR9 or do I need an AR9 specific trigger?
View Quote

Any milspec should work.

My site: Blowback9.com - 9mm AR info and troubleshooting.

(Mods: My site/links/posts generate no income. I am not affiliated with any business.)

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Am wanting a single stage short take up and fast reset trigger at under $150. The JMT Saber EVO drop in seems to check off all those at $95. Except the mfg says not recommended for 9mm unless use at least an 8oz buffer and heavy spring. I was going to use either the Taccom pcc buffer or Blitzkrieg like my other 9mms. So give me some ideas please.
View Quote

Click here for a very good previous 9mm trigger thread
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]

That thread should be removed from archive and pinned so it could be continued.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back from my first range trial on my Foxtrot Mike Products FMP9 9mm AR Pistol - 5 in. Bbl.

It shoots great except the trigger is very unremarkable.  I was wondering if one of my "fancy" competition triggers would work in it.  There is quite a bit of impulse when the bolt closes on first round or dry and I wonder if precision sear surfaces would put up with the battering.

BTW, the FM9 shot well using three different mags with WWB, Win "Service Grade" and IMI hollow point.  I got 1.5" groups at 25yd with the IMI.  Larger with the WWB and milspec...  Today it got 75 rounds with zero malfunctions.

Pistol was bought on a whim for $499.95 from AIM and I'm quite pleased with my bargain banger.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
CMC flat 9mm trigger just $139 at joe bob's
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know if there are any two stage trigger that will work?
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Aero sells the Rise Blitz in their EPC lowers.  So I suppose it’s good to go.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve been using the Rise Armament 140 triggers in my Colt pattern and in two New Frontier AR9’s.

Great trigger and can normally be found on sale for $99 from Primary Arms. The trigger comes with anti walk pins.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone know if there are any two stage trigger that will work?
View Quote

Larue MBT 2S has been 100% in a couple of my 9mm AR's.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:40:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm also in for more trigger options. Would a ALG QMS with Aero's hardened pins work?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top