Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2018 4:08:27 PM EDT
I read trough the trouble shooting, some of the links are sadly dead. i know this is a common problem but i wanted to get a little extra insight into my problem. I recently built an AR9 pistol and i am having trouble feeding rounds. It seems to do this randomly. I have tried a few things, one was a scientific testing of the quarters trick to make sure it was not my buffer travel length. i went from $0.25 to $3.25 in quarters and it made no difference. the FTF is completely random seemingly. I made a video of it and posted it on youtube. The angle seems wrong on the failure. You can on youtube, go frame by frame by 1: slowing down the video to .25% speed and then pausing and using the < and > keys. The video lionk is as follows

https://youtu.be/dYOKEH65bP4

The buffer and spring are carbine length/weight.
Lower: Anderson. (not 80%)
Barrel: Davidson Defense 7.5 inch 9mm with M4 ramps.
BCG: ADK ramped 9m with colt extractor and firing pin.

Updated: damage does to the nrounds and still pictures: https://imgur.com/a/E2YlMVE

If any further information is wanted, or pictures, i will gladly post.
So, people who know more than me, any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A few ideas.
Buffer - 7.5 ounce
Barrel- needs 2 feed angles - not the usually found 1. Some lowers don’t have the mag angle 100% and will not feed reliably.
Have the 2 barrel ramps helps this.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/9mm_barrel_feed_cone_problems_/15-710215/
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
https://imgur.com/a/DszaNcc

The pictures you requested! im going to look at those links. Yeah that bolt face is not angled very much.. only a tiny bit
The bullets are in spec. it was also done with multiple types of ammo
Also, when i lube the ever living CRAP out of it, it works "well" as in 1 FTF out of 20.  and when iu say lube the crap out of it, i mean like swamp the bold in so much fluid that its dripping. This is not a solution though.. just a bandaid, as it would burn off too fast..
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
So for now i called the company before i start grinding and polishing. They want me to send the upper back and said that they are going to take care of it. So, i will od that for now ad see where it gets me. Wish me luck, will update.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a tag.
I too have a similar issue with a PSA 9mm dedicated Colt lower.
7.5" Faxon barrel
Spinita 9mm bolt.

Mostly FTF issues with truncated/flat nosed ammo.
Runs really well with round nose though.

Funny thing is, even with the flat nosed subs, the FTF issue starts with a full 31 round mag, if I load the mag with 19 or 20 rounds, the FTF only happens a few times.

@Dano523, Your contributions to this site & the expertise you share is greatly appreciated. If I may ask, is there a chance you might number your suggestions on the photos with an arrow pointing to the area needing the fit & finish work? I'm pretty handy with the tools & I'd like to try the easy stuff before I have my smith work on it.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a tag.
I too have a similar issue with a PSA 9mm dedicated Colt lower.
7.5" Faxon barrel
Spinita 9mm bolt.

Mostly FTF issues with truncated/flat nosed ammo.
Runs really well with round nose though.

Funny thing is, even with the flat nosed subs, the FTF issue starts with a full 31 round mag, if I load the mag with 19 or 20 rounds, the FTF only happens a few times.

@Dano523, Your contributions to this site & the expertise you share is greatly appreciated. If I may ask, is there a chance you might number your suggestions on the photos with an arrow pointing to the area needing the fit & finish work? I'm pretty handy with the tools & I'd like to try the easy stuff before I have my smith work on it.
Thanks again.
View Quote
Your contributions to this site & the expertise you share is greatly appreciated.
No kidding, the guy understands the workings of ARs to a scientific degree and shares his knowledge with anyone who asks.
He gets my vote for most helpful member on the site.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top