User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 4:48:22 PM EDT
35# ?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Spec is between 30# to 80#.  On a standard mil-spec nut, you torque to 30# and back off three times, and then tighten until the gas tube notch lines up...without going over 80#.  
If it's juuuust past lining up at 30, you'll likely have to over-torque to get to the next notch.  In that case, a shim might be required.    

On many of the barrel nuts used with handguards today, there aren't any gas tube notches.  
In that case, I typically go off the recommended specs from the manufacturer (if provided) or just set torque wrench to 45# and call it good.  
Same thing, torque to 45# three times and back off, then do a final tighten.  This seasons the threads on the receiver.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks RJ
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Put some lubricant on the threads.  I use aeroshell but others use other types.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got my centurion 762 rail, in instructions

Torque to 30# then back off

Torque to 45# then back off

Final torque of 60#

No gas tube lining up with this barrel nut
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top