Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2020 11:04:40 AM EDT
I need to up my cleaning / maintenance regimen and I know I would if I had a better means for stabilizing my various black rifles. From the hive, any recommendations based on experience would be greatly appreciated.

Long live ARFCOM
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got some old AL mags that got beat up/stopped feeding. Pulled the spring and follower and just toss them in the vise and then drop the gun onto it....
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a MTM cleaning rack. Not the most expensive but good enough for me.

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/gun-cleaning-rmc-5.php
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]
5 gal bucket.

You sit on it, perfect area for holding your rifle steady was just formed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Not the most expensive, but it seems to work for just about any gun you can think of.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:29:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
https://media.mwstatic.com/product-images/src/primary/110/110829.jpg

Not the most expensive, but it seems to work for just about any gun you can think of.
View Quote

Any time I've ever tired take an AR down with just taking out the rear pin I always mange to have the upper fall and pinch the shit out of my hand.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Not the most expensive, but it seems to work for just about any gun you can think of.
View Quote

That is what I use, very adaptable, and light.
I even take mine to the range.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've got some old AL mags that got beat up/stopped feeding. Pulled the spring and follower and just toss them in the vise and then drop the gun onto it....
View Quote

I took a bad aluminum mag and shoved a wood block in the bottom.  The block keeps it from crushing when I put it in the vise.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
MTM site-in-clean rest is simple, small footprint and quick to set up and store.  Works very well for cleaning and light maintenance.  For heavy duty maintenance, the Tipton Vise shown above works very well.

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/shooting-rests-sncr.php
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top