Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2019 12:43:17 AM EDT
Ive had a AR pistol now for six months,its a 8.0 barrel Aero lower etc.How does everyone carry their pistols.Im not in the habit of advertising that Im carrying a firearm.So that said can we get some feedback and maybe pics of your carry bags.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Laptop bags and backpacks seem the way to go. With that said, keeping that secure can be a pain.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
tennis racket bag or mandolin case
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a softball bat bag I used before.  I just got a Ncstar/ vism discrete rifle bag that is well made.  I am using it for my Ruger PCC and it would also work for my AR pistol.  I bought it on ebay for like $32.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You can buy purpo$e built, or DIY something for less. You can add stuff like a can of Tennis Balls, or a sawed off racket handle to obfuscate even more. It's kind of fun DIY'ing - you can do a lot with Shoe-Goo and Velcro
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a few misc. carry cases like ukelele & mandolin cases for short carbines & non-AR platforms but IMHO an old used laptop case won't get a second look from anyone. I've got an old leftover laptop bag that easily handles a separate 10" AR upper & lower with room to spare for 'accessories'.

For range use I've got a no-name molle pouch bag that's a knockoff of the VooDoo/Drago style bag but it's only 22 or 24" long, plenty of room for mags, ammo, earmuffs and good padding. It's probably a VISM or NCStar, got it cheap from Amazon. Not discrete at all but very practical.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a short Voodoo case that was setup for a short barreled shotgun.  LAPG was clearing them out a few years ago and I bought one.  Wish I had bought a couple.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Vertx Commuter XL

10.5" SBR PDW, but I've tested it with a standard receiver extension as well. So long as you're no longer than a normal mil spec extension/stock and an A2 muzzle device, it'll fit.

It's not cheap, but it's also a <3sec draw time after a couple minutes of practice and you could get down to <2sec with more practice into it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a softball bat bag I used before.  I just got a Ncstar/ vism discrete rifle bag that is well made.  I am using it for my Ruger PCC and it would also work for my AR pistol.  I bought it on ebay for like $32.
View Quote
i use a 28" vism. usually with a mp5 clone and apc9, stock extended. i have their larger bag for longer rifles, that one has a large outer pocket. both have held up great. cheap version of another company's $80 bag. im sure quality isnt as good but it is def good enough.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#9]
If you really want to go discreet, use a camping chair bag. I have one that bag works great with. No one would even think twice of stealing a camping chair.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a law folder on my pistol and use this backpack:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Y2EWICS/ref=sspa_mw_detail_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1

It's a very unsuspecting bag, and I have enough room to pit other items in there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I use this for my 10.5.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]
My 8.25" 300BLK pistol fits in this tool case from Harbor Freight. You do have to pull the pins and break it down obviously but can't get much more discreet than this and mags nicely store in the lid with a little modification.

Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Any backpack/computer bag will suffice, and even better if it is older and used looking/inconspicuous/untactical.  It will work especially well if you have a law folder on the ar.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any backpack/computer bag will suffice, and even better if it is older and used looking/inconspicuous/untactical.  It will work especially well if you have a law folder on the ar.
View Quote
Fully agree. I will add that if you search for backpacks on Amazon, filter it buy ones that will hold a 17" laptop. You will come up with a ton of options that will work great if you have a law folder or break it down.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#15]
https://www.elitesurvival.com/rifle-cases/covert-operations-discreet-carry-cases/

This brand is all I buy anymore.  The construction quality and materials used in construction is unbelievable and they are made in USA.  You won't be sorry
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]
tenor ukelle case from amazon
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Vertex EDC carry bags works on my 8 inch
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you really want to go discreet, use a camping chair bag. I have one that bag works great with. No one would even think twice of stealing a camping chair.
View Quote
This right here. Or use a tennis racket bag. You can get one from a thrift store for $5.

Carrying a firearm unsecured in a vehicle is risky no matter what it's being carried in. Ask yourself this....if you were a thief and busted into a vehicle and a saw a laptop bag/tool case and a tennis racket bag, which would you take?
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#19]
This question comes up so much, I'm SHOCKED, someone hasnt started making the pink pig from the movie "R.E.D"
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This question comes up so much, I'm SHOCKED, someone hasnt started making the pink pig from the movie "R.E.D"
View Quote
Never thought I'd say this again, but I'm getting the PIG.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be awesome! One of my all time favorite movies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a "Bulldog Cases Ultra Compact AR-15 Discreet Carry Case" from Amazon; $33.28 shipped.  10.5" pistols fit just right.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RMFMS/?coliid=I2HZNTLM8FIT3D&colid=3J9A2SGB65E9Y&psc=0
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I've got one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Battle-Carrier-30-Inch-Multi-Firearm/dp/B009WO46X2/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3MG8HDNAYAXX7&keywords=discreet+carbine+case&qid=1555684292&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=Descrete+%2Csporting%2C278&sr=1-6

Pretty reasonable at $52 and doesn't scream "gun". Also has plenty of storage for mags and even an extra handgun. Would have liked the 2-tone, but the short case only comes in blue.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#24]
In search of a backpack (not single strap sling pack like 5.11 shorty) for my re-barreled 11.3" with EFAB and no Law Tactical - 28" internal would do it - it's like finding a unicorn unless you want to pay $200+ for GreyGhost or KDG... Or carry around a giant 55L camping pack.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ask yourself this....if you were a thief and busted into a vehicle and a saw a laptop bag/tool case and a tennis racket bag, which would you take?
View Quote
Good point!
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This right here. Or use a tennis racket bag. You can get one from a thrift store for $5.

Carrying a firearm unsecured in a vehicle is risky no matter what it's being carried in. Ask yourself this....if you were a thief and busted into a vehicle and a saw a laptop bag/tool case and a tennis racket bag, which would you take?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can carry my backpack discreetly into a lot more places. Continually dragging a folding chair or tennis racket would draw more attention. Something else to think about.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top