AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2022 3:24:20 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I have a .300 blackout AR-556 from Ruger, here’s the issue:

-LaRue MBT pins will not fit, trigger rubs on receiver
-CMC drop in trigger can’t even line up the pin holes
-Factory trigger pins seem to be walking

All of the above said, what am I missing that I should be doing?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lets back it up, and mil spec trigger pins and  channels are .154", while some of the older colts has .170" trigger pins and channels in the receivers.  So since your Ruger uses a .154" pin FCG, make sure you have the correct FCG and pin sizes to start with for that receiver.

As for stock trigger pins, the hammer inside its channel has a J spring that will retain the pin in the receiver via an middle annual groove on that pin, while the hammer spring leg should be installed on top of the trigger pin in its side groove to hold it in place.
https://www.gunbuilders.com/product_images/uploaded_images/ar-15-single-stage-trigger-mil-spec-example-237x300.jpg

Also on hammer spring, makes sure is installed correctly on the hammer, so it legs are coming down and back.
https://www.gunbuilders.com/product_images/uploaded_images/example-ar-15-hammer-spring-correct-vs-upside-down.jpg

Also to point out, since you have the J spring of the hammer holding the pin is place, and the hammer spring leg on top of the trigger pin, both pins will rotate in the receiver channel as the parts move.

As for the case of after market type FCG, some will come with slightly larger pins for slightly worn pin channels, and some times on a fresh receiver, do not just push in to the channels easily.  As for pin locations in receiver not being correct spacing to begin with, that one you will have to take up with Ruger.
View Quote

thank you very much for the information, I appreciate it!

For the LaRue trigger I did not see anything on the pin size.

I will have to call Ruger, the distance between the CNC Trigger and the pin holes is very concerning

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top