Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2019 2:15:28 PM EDT
I am thinking about these due to lighter weight and good construction. Not sure about the 1" size for adj. slings. Anybody has experience with these??
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought about trying these with my BFG sling, but it's 1.25". Didn't want the sling all bunched up in there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought about trying these with my BFG sling, but it's 1.25". Didn't want the sling all bunched up in there.
View Quote
I pretty much use BFG Vickers slings exclusively, and the ALG swivel works just fine with them.

Also, as an FYI, all of BFG's slings that have a QD swivel sewn-in use a 1" swivel, so there are no issues with using a 1.25" sling in a 1" swivel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Just don't buy those china pot metal ones.
KAC are expensive, but one trip flying "economy" (hanging by sling) and you will be sold!
For what it's worth, bent the gov prof barrel but not the LaRue rail.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just don't buy those china pot metal ones.
KAC are expensive, but one trip flying "economy" (hanging by sling) and you will be sold!
For what it's worth, bent the gov prof barrel but not the LaRue rail.
View Quote
@edwin907 Need to hear that story! Can IM if you dont want to clutter the thread, but Im sure no one would mind
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@edwin907 Need to hear that story! Can IM if you dont want to clutter the thread, but Im sure no one would mind
View Quote
It's actually not much to tell.
About 6 of us were last to leave on a quiet security gig, I was last on the Huey from left side, when a RPG hits the ground off the right skid just after lift off.
Pilot jerks hard over throwing me into and then back out of the chopper when he over corrects.  My partner grabs my rifle with one hand and another trooper
with the other.  He has the rifle by the buffer tube with the rail, then barrel as it slips, on the copter's deck.  I only weighed about 165 then, and not a lot
of gear so they snatched me right back up.
Overwatch said we were only at about 7 to 8 meters at explosion but about 30 to 35 when they got me back in.
This was S America a pretty long time ago, and I've flown "economy" since, but not like that.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top