Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2018 7:11:14 PM EDT
Bought a CMMG lower parts kit and an ALG FCG from a local shop this afternoon.  Was installing the parts kit this afternoon until I got to the trigger.  With the disconnector spring installed in the only available milled area, there is no way to fit the disconnector on the trigger properly.

Pics:
http://chattypics.com/files/t_1_sm_z4onoauw10.png
http://chattypics.com/files/t_2_sm_xfctyvdwkt.png

The 1st pic shows the milled area on the trigger for the spring.  The second pic shows the disconnector fitment.  The milled area for the disconnector spring is either in the wrong location of is non-existent.  There is no way to install the disconnector.

This is only the 2nd parts kit and FCG I've installed, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so.  The trigger looks different than any of the triggers I've seen in pics and installation videos.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I guess this is what you get for a $20 FCG.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Disconnector spring drilled in wrong spot. Im guessing thats not an ALG. Every ALG trigger i have bought had a slave pin installed holding the disconnector in with spring already installed
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s highly unlikely that you bought an actual ALG trigger for $20.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, good.  Thanks guys.  I'll order a FCG on line and will get my $20 back.

The shop said it was ALG, I wouldn't know that brand from any other.  I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, good.  Thanks guys.  I'll order a FCG on line and will get my $20 back.

The shop said it was ALG, I wouldn't know that brand from any other.  I appreciate the help.
View Quote
What did the packaging look like?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Never seen one like that and doesn't look like any ALG I've seen.  The ones from ALG that are phosphate coated the QMS models all have the S in a box stamp on them since that is who manufacturers the trigger part itself.  The only markings I see on that trigger from that side is a 2, never seen that stamping either but would be interested to know if there is any other markings on the other side.

I would take that back to the shop and ask them where they got it from to confirm they say ALG.  I'm guessing it came with no packaging and they just sold you a trigger in a baggie or something?  Doesn't sound like a trustworthy shop.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...I'm guessing it came with no packaging and they just sold you a trigger in a baggie or something?  Doesn't sound like a trustworthy shop.
View Quote
Good guess.  Pretty sure I'm done with them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I took the suspect FCG by the shop I bought it from today and they replaced the trigger with no argument.  I installed the FCG this evening after work and everything went smoothly.

I also assembled a lower for a friend today. He bought a 16" complete upper + a lower parts kit from PSA, and a stripped Spikes lower.  Everything went together well and I think he has a nice rifle at a really nice price.

My PSA lower
Spikes Crusader lower

Thanks to everyone that replied in this thread, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad you got things worked out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Question is, will you still be going to that shop, seeing as how they advertised it as ALG and it was not?
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
This.....although they made it right with no issues so maybe it was a honest mistake.

Wtf.....that don't sound like me!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top