Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:21:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: prskiller] [#1]
CompM3
CompM4
CompM5
T2 and another T2 on da way.

Had a T1 but mistakenly sold it for a EXPS3-0, wished I kept it. No issues other than stripping the screw head for my CompM4 but Aimpoint is sending me a replacement.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mr_big_jm] [#2]
T1 purchased around 2013. No problems. Sold after a year or so due to severe astigmatism.

ACRO P-2 purchased used / like new in ee. Returned to aimpoint for repair last weekend due to battery drain. New battery dead after 2.5 - 3 months of constant on use.

ACRO SN 50120XX
Purchased 5/2022
Edited to add SN and date for ref.

Edit2: Aimpoint returned ACRO and said everything checked out ok. No problem with power consumption. Looks like they did replace oring and spring. I will install new battery tomorrow and continue to update with dates battery goes dead. My expectation was double this duration even at highest setting.

Only other variable is that it was left in car some. Last battery went Jan through April so high temps not a concern maybe low temps???  I may store in HVAC next 3 months unless in use and see if that helps.

Exit3: I don’t think sight was left on highest setting. I am making sure it is stored at 7 and will see what happens.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Aimpoint replaced my broken T-1 I sent them with a T-2, so thats cool.
View Quote

I'd be down with that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mr_big_jm:

ACRO P-2 purchased used / like new in ee. Returned to aimpoint for repair last weekend due to battery drain. New battery dead after 2.5 - 3 months of constant on use.
View Quote

This is still happening?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:35:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnClarkUSN] [#6]
I have 2 M68 kits, 2 PROs and a T1
I've never had any problems with any of them.
No glitchy electronics, no POA shift.
I've had the M68s since 2006-7 and the PROs 2011ish, the T1 around 2014.

The M68s and one of the PROs have seen regular use.  Weekly for several years.  I used one of the M68s and one of the PROs in a few classes each.
The T1 has seen light use.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Acro P2, purchased 9/2022.

Mounted on a G17MOS. Roughly 2,000 rounds later and recently noticed debris/ dust on the inside of the rear and front lens. Some pieces appear a little larger then others and I can only assume if it’s actually dust that got inside or maybe pieces of the glue they use during the manufacture process that broke apart. The pieces shift around whenever it’s fired. Hardly noticeable when shooting but wasn’t something I expected from Aimpoint.

RMA issued and I just mailed it back to Aimpoint today. A quick Google search didn’t really show if this was a common problem. Someone on another forum advised he had the same issue, RMA provided, and Aimpoint later mailed him a brand new P2. We’ll see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Embittered:

This is still happening?
View Quote

Updated original post. Aimpoint said my P2 was functioning normally. Interested in battery life others are seeing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mr_big_jm:

Updated original post. Aimpoint said my P2 was functioning normally. Interested in battery life others are seeing.
View Quote

Mine has been constantly on since February 2023, was carried on my winter gun and outdoors gun while working on the property, lots of range, matches and classes used. Same battery it came with.

Are you on nuclear bright all the time or adjusting only when needed?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
4 Aimpoint PROs over the years.
My current one is 3 years old.

No issues at all.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Aimpoint PRO bought around 2013. No problems.

Department issues T2’s and H2’s starting around 2015-16 for swat guns and patrol rifles respectively. No problems.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Aimpoint COMP M. It still works. The dot is getting dim, though.  

Comp M2. It’s on my patrol rifle. It gets knocked around. It still works
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Comp M xd since 2002.  Never a single issue.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Several Comp ML2s and PROs, never any issues, its all I buy anymore.

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Had a brand new CompM3 years ago purchased from Brownells that would turn off after every shot. Brownells quickly replaced it with another that never had a single issue.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 10:02:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AroundRome] [#16]
Have owned:

- Comp ML3
- T1
- Aimpoint Pro

Never an issue. All solid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Checked my aimpoint yesterday - still bright and crisp.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Two Comp M2’s that still work as well as the day I bought them.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top