Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2023 3:03:52 AM EDT
I have an AERO M5 complete upper that I purchased and a AERO nickel Boron bolt carrier and bolt. I put it on a Noreen stripped lower that has a Giselle SSE trigger. When I attempted to load the chamber with a round from a magazine, it would not fully go into battery to enable the weapon to fire. I was initially using a Brownell's mag, so I changed the mag and used a DPMS with the same results. I then attempted to single load the weapon by dropping 1 in the chamber without the mag installed and the weapon fired and cycled exactly like it should.

I then replace the bolt and carrier for a DPMS that I had in another weapon, and it loaded, fired and cycled correctly the entire DPMS mag and The Brownell's mag. I then put the original AERO bolt carrier back in and again tried to load the weapon, but it would slow down and hang up preventing it from going into battery.

I thought it might be that this was all brand new and had not been broken in but determined that the bolt carrier was hanging up on the mags when installed. Anyone have any idea what would cause this with the AERO carrier, but not the DPMS carrier?

I am back overseas so I cannot take any photos at the moment.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
really?? 115 views and NO ONE has any insight to the issue. This place used to be the go-to place where at least 1 person had the answer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tolerance stacking is a big deal in AR large platforms.

About ten years ago, I had the same issue, and it was the hammer on the Geissele dragging on the bolt carrier. I called, they recommend I polish (round off) the top of the hammer where it rides the bolt carrier. Worked like a charm, and I believe it's added to the instructions, or the troubleshooting section to cure that issue of tolerance stacking.
View Quote

Thank you, I will check into that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tolerance stacking is a big deal in AR large platforms.

About ten years ago, I had the same issue, and it was the hammer on the Geissele dragging on the bolt carrier. I called, they recommend I polish (round off) the top of the hammer where it rides the bolt carrier. Worked like a charm, and I believe it's added to the instructions, or the troubleshooting section to cure that issue of tolerance stacking.
View Quote

I had this issue with an AR-15, there was so much interference between the top of the hammer and the bottom of the bolt carrier I could hold the bolt open with trigger pressure alone.

The rifle would fire, but you could feel that it was sluggish.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What hammer in play, hence L cut top, or rounded top of hammer contact pad, since this is screaming hammer wedge at over cock.

Also, are you dam sure that the gas tube is correctly indexed for the carrier key in play?
View Quote

It fires correctly when using a DPMS bolt carrier in the completely preassembled AERO Atlas upper. I had used this geissle trigger in the DPMS.308 prior and decided to use it in this Norreen stripped lower I had bought.

I've built plenty of stripped lowers in the past and the parts are correctly assembled. Without a mag installed, it goes into battery and fires with no issue.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
NiB carriers are junk.

It looks like your problem when away when the BCG was swapped out. Its the carrier and likely the coating.

Get rid of NiB and don't look back.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top